+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To those with (or having Girls)

Hi, we are looking at TTC fairly soon and we already have one DS & would love a little girl. I understand its mostly chance however with the small percentage possibly being in my control I'm looking into different gender swaying techniques. I'd like to know if I should try the shettles method (sex from end of period to 3 days before O) or the 0+12 theory (sex once 12hrs after O) ? Would love to hear from people that have tried either of these methods & if they worked in getting a girl ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a girl already and wanted another girl ( since we have all the girl stuff ) .. We did shelters ... But we are having a boy ... ( still getting used to the idea!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am pg with a girl and the month we conceived we only DTD twice. Once 3 days before O and then 2 days after. So I would say the first option based on that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: To those with (or having Girls)

We just happened to be having a girl... DTD on O day and two days after. Probably a week before that since hubby was ill!

Good luck!!

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi xanadu, it is exciting to be going for baby number 2. Yes, I tried a girl sway this time- not the most sophisticated sway, but I put my sway together after looking up info on the internet and reading lots of people's sways. For me, I think the timing was important as well as trying to change the pH by using suppliments. It all sounds a little crazy, but I am sure it made a bit of a difference! We did Shettles- 4 day cutoff- it was a few hours short of a full 4 days before ovulation. I had tracked ovulation for a few months using maybebaby saliva device and it was extremely regular- down to the hour- 9am on day 14. That is why I decided on Shettles- those with irregular ovulation favour a true 0+12. About 6 weeks or so before trying, we started taking suppliments- calcium, magnesium, cranberry and hubby took them too. Loads of cranberry juice as well. Also sudafed once a day (real sudafed) from day 1 to 10.We DTD twice a day from end of period to day 10 then nothing at all til well after ovulation. Also, shallow penetration, no big O for me and toilet straight after. I didn't really change my diet, just ate normal food, but no processed food. There are food lists online so it might be worth eliminating the 'no no' foods and including some of the 'yes' foods. With both our boys they we DTD right on or about ovulation. With Shettles, I think it is important to DTD alot until your nominated cutoff- maybe start with 4 or even 5 day cutoff and gradually move in. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a girl, traced DTD back to O-day, O+1 and O+2. Though she was an unplanned pregnancy with FOB, we were using the pull out method and I stood up to go to the loo after each time so she must have really meant to be here! Oh and I used the morning after pill too which quite obviously failed. She is very much wanted now though of course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We did it once on the day before I got a positive OPK and are having our second girl (fourth baby).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: To those with (or having Girls)

subbing out of interest

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have two boys and a girl. With all three we DTD exactly the same (same times, same method). With DS1 I went to the loo after. With DS2 and DD I lay there with my legs in the air for 20mins after DTD.

My diet did not change at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Littleriv, I just bought some Calcium & Magnesium tablets yesterday, but I'd never thought for hubby to have them but that would probably help too. We'll probably start TTC in roughly 2 months which is why I'm trying to get our bodies prepared now & do as much research as possible. Thanks for the tips so far ladies!