+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was low lying at 19 weeks and well out of the way by 34. My friend's still hadnt moved by 34 weeks but she had another scan at 37 and it had moved far enough after all, so she got to have a VB

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low lying placenta

So happy I saw this! Midwife said my placenta look a little low last scan, will know more at next one in two weeks. Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low lying placenta

Also really glad i found this thread. At 12 week scan found that me placenta was sitting low and the SCH (which I knew I had) is squashed against my cervix by low placenta. When I saw the OB he said that they will just monitor it and it will hopefully move up and I should be able to have a VB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I had my 20wk scan today and I've been told I have a low lying placenta, I'm awaiting the report from doctor - reading these comments make me feel better lol but the odds of something bad or with the smallest chance of occurring usually happens with me! Hoping not to follow that trend this time rnd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    I had my 20wk scan today and I've been told I have a low lying placenta, I'm awaiting the report from doctor - reading these comments make me feel better lol but the odds of something bad or with the smallest chance of occurring usually happens with me!
    I believe most of the cases resolve themselves. Try not to worry about it as there is nothing you can do. Just wait for your next 30-34 weeks scan and see what the result is. Chances are, it will be up where it should be.

Just remember it's not harming the baby, so try not to stress abotu it too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my report back today and I also have suspected vesa previa, so I'm waiting for my consultant appointment time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've known for a while I have a low anterior placenta but after 20 week scan the Ob doesn't think it will move as it's completely covering the Os. I am okay with a cesarean but I just freaked myself out reading about haemorrhaging and hysterectomies that can result from the surgery with PP. I had a D&C due to miscarriage last year and the idea that that caused this makes me unhappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A D&C, multiples, previous c-section are some risk factors (amongst others) that can be related to placenta previa.
    I have a low lying placenta (with twins) which was picked up at 20 week scan, still somewhat low on 24 week scan. Had a very small bleed at 26 weeks and in hospital for monitoring for 4 days due to this. The scan I had then tended to indicate the placenta was moving away from cervix (was 1cm away) and the problem one is in a posterior position. They couldn't conclude why I had a bleed. As a precaution I was told no sex for 2 weeks and no strenuous activity such as running (like I'm in anyway able to run around with twins anyhow!).

Apparently posterior placentas are more likely to move out of the way to allow a vaginal birth. I was told that of the low lying placentas picked up at 20 week scan, all but about 5% would resolve themselves by about 34 weeks, sufficiently to allow a vaginal birth.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tap For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (30-12-2013),Starf1sh  (22-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a low lying placenta at my 20 week scan, still low a few weeks later, but I'm pretty sure it was my 37 week scan that showed it had moved enough for a safe vb

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told at the 20 week scan that I have a 'slightly' low placenta. Hopefully it moves up before the next ultrasound otherwise it will mean a hospital birth (going through the birthing centre). It is frustrating though, but unfortunately nothing I can do about it.