+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First tooth - how much?

We always got a gold coin. Mum told me once that you got two dollars for a really clean tooth, only one if you hadn't been brushing properly

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our $20 was never a note though...it was all in coins. We used to leave the tooth under an upside down wine glass on the table, and in the morning the glass would have heaps of gold coins and glitter inside. It was really quite magical

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Our $20 was never a note though...it was all in coins. We used to leave the tooth under an upside down wine glass on the table, and in the morning the glass would have heaps of gold coins and glitter inside. It was really quite magical
    You must have brushed like mad!

I can't wait for the tooth fairy in my house. I just love all if that magical stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Ohhh I like that idea! DD got given a wine glass for her Christening with her name engraved. I thought "how odd" but now that would be the perfect tooth place!

We do $20 first tooth, $5 others, $10 if dentist pulls it! (SD has had to have a few pulled) and there's always a note from the tooth fairy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ds got $1 for his first tooth and when his 2nd tooth came out he said "I got a gold coin last time, maybe this time I'll get a silver coin" (said with great excitement! ). He got $1 again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We give $2 which my DS is thrilled with

On a side note, for me personally, everything is becoming about more more more. christmas, birthdays, easter, tooth fairy, when does it end? No wonder we live in a society where so many people have things piled up on credit. It's as if their is an expectation now to have more........

(not that giving a large sum for a tooth means you are going to end up with a huge credit bill, but you get my drift )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    We give $2 which my DS is thrilled with

On a side note, for me personally, everything is becoming about more more more. christmas, birthdays, easter, tooth fairy, when does it end? No wonder we live in a society where so many people have things piled up on credit. It's as if their is an expectation now to have more........

(not that giving a large sum for a tooth means you are going to end up with a huge credit bill, but you get my drift )
    I totally agree!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Dd got $5 for first tooth and $2-$3 after that. I've been printing if certificates and the tooth fairy leaves special fairy glitter she makes a mess :-0
    I love the certificate idea - especially for the first one.

I was thinking $2 and glad to see that seems to be a common amount, should be right for the first few. I also like the idea of $1 per year of age - this will be good once she's older (and knows who the tooth fairy is).

up in the sky so high zoom zoom zooma zoom zoom
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh gives $5 or $10 depending on tooth size lol! If it were up to me a gold coin would suffice lol