+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    This is the most disgusting, scaremongering piece of 'journalism' I have EVER seen. I am so glad they pulled it from air, although I am appalled that it was leaked.

By they way, are you aware that "illegal immigrants" aren't actually entitled to welfare payments? This story is missing several pieces of information and is filled with hateful terminology, using the words "we" and "them". It's a joke!
    much better written then what I was going to say

and yup totally agree with previous posters about today tonight!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is the most disgusting, scaremongering piece of 'journalism' I have EVER seen. I am so glad they pulled it from air, although I am appalled that it was leaked.

By they way, are you aware that "illegal immigrants" aren't actually entitled to welfare payments? This story is missing several pieces of information and is filled with hateful terminology, using the words "we" and "them". It's a joke!
    The only thing I know about Immigrants and centrelink is you are not entitled to them until after 2 years of being cleared residency because you have to sign a paper stating you understand that I think that is a great idea but figured maybe it was like in the US where illegal immigrants can get help.

So this is all BS? Gah had me going lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh noes. Not my tax payer monies again!

So grateful for Today Tonight unearthing so many centerlink frauds, terrorists, quality diet programs and love rats.

The world would be a $h!t place without TT or ACA and it's quality, completely truthful news programs that are completely fact based and well researched.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 17-01-2013 at 11:22.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (17-01-2013),beebs  (26-01-2013),Mathermy  (17-01-2013),MrJones&Me  (17-01-2013),shelle65  (17-01-2013),Witwicky  (17-01-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LMF: anything you see on TT, take with a grain of salt, it's not news, just sensationalist journalism

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    The only thing I know about Immigrants and centrelink is you are not entitled to them until after 2 years of being cleared residency because you have to sign a paper stating you understand that I think that is a great idea but figured maybe it was like in the US where illegal immigrants can get help.

It's not illegal to seek asylum here so people that arrive via boat or whatever other mode is not actually illegal at all. I believe there is a payment for asylum seekers but it is closely monitored as they have designated social workers to help with the assimilation to our country.

The majority of illegal immigrants in our country are usually tourists who have over stayed their visas so they never get payments because obviously they don't want to be found.

Our illegal immigrant issue is quite different to the US, I guess for a start we don't have boarding developing counties.

As for the source- anything on Today Tonight or A Current Affair is just rubbish. Sit down and watch it everyone for a week...it's actually a bit funny the crap they "report" on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (09-12-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    People actually believe things they see on TT and ACA? REALLY?!

That both scares and amuses me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Upsetting: Illigal immigrant planning attack

OP aren't you an immigrant

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

MrsOhara  (17-01-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post

I think you will find that he is actually an Australian citizen

FYI - Illegal immigrants...first of all, are you talking about people who have overstayed their visa, or people who are fleeing to the country from another country due to safety fears? If it's the latter, they are not "illegal", as it's not illegal to arrive in Australia without a visa to seek asylum. Upon arrival, asylum seekers *can* obtain financial support from the Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme (from a volunteer organisation), however it's not a centrelink payment and it's far less than a centrelink payment. Not all asylum seekers are able to obtain it either.

Asylum seekers are not entitled to welfare payments until a very long process determines that they are eligible to become a permanent resident.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-01-2013),Lovemyfam  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    It's not illegal to seek asylum here so people that arrive via boat or whatever other mode is not actually illegal at all. I believe there is a payment for asylum seekers but it is closely monitored as they have designated social workers to help with the assimilation to our country.

The majority of illegal immigrants in our country are usually tourists who have over stayed their visas so they never get payments because obviously they don't want to be found.

Our illegal immigrant issue is quite different to the US, I guess for a start we don't have boarding developing counties.

As for the source- anything on Today Tonight or A Current Affair is just rubbish. Sit down and watch it everyone for a week...it's actually a bit funny the crap they "report" on.
    Ok that makes sense I thought it was an actual news show

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    OP aren't you an immigrant
    Yes why

FYI - Illegal immigrants...first of all, are you talking about people who have overstayed their visa, or people who are fleeing to the country from another country due to safety fears? If it's the latter, they are not "illegal", as it's not illegal to arrive in Australia without a visa to seek asylum. Upon arrival, asylum seekers *can* obtain financial support from the Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme (from a volunteer organisation), however it's not a centrelink payment and it's far less than a centrelink payment. Not all asylum seekers are able to obtain it either.

Asylum seekers are not entitled to welfare payments until a very long process determines that they are eligible to become a permanent resident.
    That makes sense. So he was just a scapegoat for an agenda of this group what is their purpose I guess I need to see what they are all about. How are they allowed on tv?

Thanks
    Reviews

I did not know this! I thought there was a centerlink payment available for asylum seekers...however I googled this and it cleared things up for me...TBH, I am pretty disgusted that this is all that is available...

http://www.asrc.org.au/media/documen...titlements.pdf

Edited to include:

• Asylum seekers in Australia awaiting decision on their protection claims are not eligible for Centrelink.3However, DIAC provide payments to certain asylum seekers awaiting processing who are suffering severe financialhardship. In 2009, 2,692 asylum seekers qualified for this payment.4The Asylum Seeker Assistance Scheme (ASAS),funded by DIAC and administered by the Red Cross, provides the main source of income support and other socialservices for community-based asylum seekers suffering financial hardship.5 Asylum seekers are eligible to receivefinancial support at a maximum rate of 89% of the Centrelink Newstart Allowance or Special Benefit Allowance (paidat equivalent rates). The maximum fortnightly Newstart payment for a single person with no children is $462.80 (as at1July 2010).6 Accordingly, the maximum payment a single asylum seeker can receive under ASAS is $411.89 afortnight.