+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feed Play Sleep Questions

Mom2TwoDSs
    Some times she stirs when hubby and I get into bed and I just put dummy back in. No nappy change is done unless she has pooed which has only happened once. She gets a nappy change when she wakes for her first am feed. She is in a love to swaddle up so no escaping!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beccajane85 For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have done feed play sleep since dd was 2-3 weeks old, she is now 4.5 months. At bedtime the 'play' is very short - just a book and a cuddle. In the middle of the night she feeds to sleep, and I do a dream feed between 10 and 11. She was waking twice most nights until I realized that some nights she didn't, and she was going longer during the day to feed than night sometimes! So now if she wakes before 3am I give her the dummy, and a cuddle too if she needs it. If she's hungry this will only help her sleep another 10 minutes so she's not going to starve. But the first few times I did it, she slept another hour or two. Now I just get one wake-up, between 3 and 4, most nights anyway. It might be worth a try if you think your bub might not be hungry, eg if you did a dream feed at 10 and he had a decent drink, its pretty unlikely he is truly hungry at midnight. He might be though, every baby is different. You also need to make sure he is getting enough in the daytime. Finally, have you tried moving bedtime forward, 9pm sounds late. Dd has slept better ever since we got strict about a 7pm bedtime. Just a few ideas for you, good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancermum For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (28-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last night we put him to bed at 645pm as he had only 3 one sleep cycle naps. He slept till 9pm then had a good feed. DH watched tennis till late and gave him a dream feed but he took only 50ml. I was already asleep so I just casually told him bub already had milk at 9pm. Anyhow he gave him the dream feed, which basically didn't work (we have tried that several times now and dream feed doesn't work for our bub, he either doesn't drink or sucks few times and sleep or if he does drinks he will wake as usual at 1am).

so bub woke at 130am crying even dummy didn't help in cot. But when we carried him he calmed down with dummy. But still cried when put back to cot. I realise he must be hungry cos DH said he only had 50ml at 11pm. So gave him milk almost 2am he drank.

But he woke again at 4am crying again, this time our last resort, milk didn't work too. I also didn't think he was hungry but anyway we gave him milk. He refused after few sucks and woke up completely. Needed resettling to go back to sleep.

other nights he wakes at various timings esp 530am crying but refusing milk. I am thinking more and more that he may be having reflux.

will try again to put him to bed early and see how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor things! Does sound like something other than hunger. Hope you can get to the bottom of it soon so everyone can get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bub will cry for milk twice each night which is fine but there will be once or twice he will cry for no apparent reason. Tried Gaviscon infant last night but he still had crying at 2ish am. Spoke to a paedi friend she says babies can cry like that for no apparent reason needing resettling and that's normal. Guess its just my baby.