+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bub gets upset around dad...

Hi there..

I'm hoping to get some advice. Recently my dd (almost 3 months) has become very clingy with me, and gets really upset when others pick her up, especially dh. I realise she'll probably grow it of it with other people, but it's devastating my husband that she cries almost every time he looks at her. He gets home from work quite early so it's not like she doesn't see him through the week.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you fix it? It's driving me crazy as I never get a break, and I'm constantly having to calm her down after dh tries to play with her...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Bub gets upset around dad...

My DS2 was exactly like this with my DH and anyone else who went near him That wasn't me... I'm sorry to say we didn't figure out how to change it. He was about 7 months old when he started to let DH hold him without screaming and he went to someone other than DH or myself voluntarily at almost 2... he is a very shy child though.

I hope someone else comes in with some ideas to help you.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bub gets upset around dad...

Our little DD did this as well at the same age too. My husband worked long hours so he didn't get to see her during the week. We did lots of play the three of us and then I slowly weaned myself away. It seemed to work - she is 6 months now and loves her daddy. Sometimes he is the only one that can calm her. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd2 did this also, it was devastating for DH. I remember him telling me that she hates him. But she didn't. I can't remember when exactly it changed but we just slowly encourage interaction. Took her into our bed in the mornings so we all could cuddle in. Things like that. Don't get me wrong she does still cry for me and loves mummy cuddles but is happy to cuddle daddy. Yesterday she even tried to kick off me to cuddle him. It does get better.