+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default MCN training pants?

Has anyone got any reviews/recommendations (or warnings!) about MCN training pants/pull ups?

DD is 27 months and we're just working on TT now. Daycare have said pullups are best for them, but they're so expensive and I think she'll just see them like a nappy rather than noticing she's done something in them. We have some of those reinforced terry pants, but they don't hold her wees at all. She tends to hold on for 2-3 hours now, so wees are pretty big. Therefore, I was hoping for something that would hold a toddler wee, without making a huge puddle?

Preferably something she can pull up and down herself. I would also like to get something we can use for night times once she's day trained and we start working on nights, so it needs to last at least the next 6 months, i'd say!

I like the look of the grovia pants, the close parenting cool fit (although these are quite expensive) and the EcoPosh rumparooz pants.

Any ideas? (and thanks in advance!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default MCN training pants?

I used to make dd's mcns so figured I would do the same with mcn style pull ups when she decided she wanted to TT. I purchased boyleg undies in a bigger size and made a 'pad' shaped booster out of just a layer or two of bamboo and sewed it to the centre. I only did one pair but soon realized we didn't really need them at all. She was a pro at TT and it only took her a few weeks to work it out. So my advice is save the money - don't stock up on too many too soon. It's summer so this is your best chance to get her TT, just keep her in undies most of the time.

I'm totally against commercial pull ups they are just fancy nappies and prolong the TT process even longer...

If she wet the bed at night, chances are its gonna go straight through the sheets anyway. Do you have a good waterproof liner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't even thought of buying a special waterproof for the bed yet... agh! We have a waterproof mattress protector thing, but I guess a big mattress pad thingy would be easier for night changes. I wasn't even going to try and remove the night nappies until we had days going well. We use disposables during the day (i know, I know, I should use cloth and will with the next one!). I have undies for her and don't mind her being bare butt or in undies having accidents at home but daycare said pullups are best for them as the other kids won't make a big deal if she has an accident? But i hate the disposable pullups - such a waste of money.

I'm thinking just 2-3 pair of the MCN pullups of some variety so i'm only spending $50 or so on them and she can wear undies at home.

I would also love options so we can leave the house. The idea of being housebound during TT is awful!