+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be paranoid that if I lied about his age, they could find out on the return trip and I'd be stuck in QLD LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Plane trip with 5mth & 18mth old alone. Crazy or doable?!

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    I'd be paranoid that if I lied about his age, they could find out on the return trip and I'd be stuck in QLD LOL.
    Not a bad place to be left stranded though huh

Thanks everyone - maybe I should just consider postponing to Sept/Oct when he is actually 2. I was just hoping to get a week away from the Melb winter!

Regarding the safety aspect - this is a really good point. However I can't see what 2mths difference would really make. At 22 or 24 months, both would need full parental help in an emergency anyway. I plan on having bubba in a sling (apart from take off/landing where annoyingly you can't do this).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How about posting on gumtree asking if someone is planning on travelling at the same time as you and offering to pay for half their fare in return for their assistance. You would need to meet them first to ensure you were comfortable with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only 2hrs, even if it's bad you'll forget about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't buy my daughter a seat when she was 2 & 2 months, but now she's 2.5 and in nickers and talking loads etc I doubt you'd get away with it, well I wouldn't try anyway ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Crazy lol but I think you would manage! Check in on line and don't take too much carry on I travelled from qld to Sydney recently with dd whose 3 in august with only carry on it was a nightmare I didn't really think about the fact I'd be carrying both our luggage plus my handbag plus trying to deal with dd who kept running away from me. Carry the little one in a sling and pack a small activity pack for ur older ds with a note pad crayons and a snack!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did this when DD was about 2 and DS about 5 months. The hardest part is getting from check in to the departure gates but my in laws came through customs with me and waited til we got on the plane. Also consider getting a smart stroller that folds up to a size that you can take as carry on. I also had DS in a baby Bjorn. It was a little hectic, but anything is with two kids that age, but everyone was really helpful and it was wonderful to get away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a short flight. If you are allowed to do it then I definitely would!