+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Breastfeeding Debate...

OP, if it were me I would atleast give it a go. I doubt you would regret trying, but there's a good chance you may if you don't try. Good luck, either way!
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 18-01-2013 at 09:43.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding Debate...

As others have said no matter what decision you make now it could possibly change when bubs gets here. We had a rocky start to breastfeeding and was tempted to go to ff but I'm glad I didn't. I do comp feed with formula.
    I would at least give it a go but have everything ready if you decide to make the change. Good luck what ever you decide will be best for you and bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Breastmilk contains antibodies, not bacteria, which are good for immunity.
    The rest of my post vanished?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Breastfeeding Debate...

As did my reply to your post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

FYI OP, don't let the concept of returning to work hold you back from trying breast feeding.

I returned to work full time when DS was 4.5 months old and I managed to express all of his feeds (I expressed twice a day at work & would transport the milk home in a cooler bag at the end of each day).

It's your decision at the end of the day, just wanted to let you know that being a working mum doesn't mean you have to abandon breast feeding

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Sorry, I'm on iPad and it doesn't leave edit reasons. Feel free to pm me for more explanation.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Sorry, I'm on iPad and it doesn't leave edit reasons. Feel free to pm me for more explanation.
    Ah, I see, I think I know why.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    You changed your tune.
    FYI I never changed my tune. I stand by what I believe in. I think bf is best but don't understand why mothers would breastfeed in public when there's a mothers room just around the corner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I breastfeed my baby in public, sometimes covered, sometimes not. I use mothers rooms but I also like to enjoy sitting at a cafe and eating or drinking myself and if bub needs a feed at that time so be it. Why should I and my baby be inconvenienced for someone else's opinion?

Rosie I do not think it is anything to do with you where and how someone else's baby eats. Unless you wish to eat in a mothers room also, please do not post opinions about how other mothers parent their children.

The original post was a question about feeding OP's own child - not how someone else feeds theirs.

OP best of luck with your baby and however you choose to feed him or her. I'm sure you will make the right decision for you

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (18-01-2013),atomicmama  (18-01-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My lot were breast fed wherever I was when they needed a feed. I usually covered up just for my own modesty not because of anyone else's issues.

I am curious to see what breast feeding will be like now as my older kids range from teenagers to kindy & it might be awkward for them