+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sinus Infection?

Has anyone had experience with sinus infections while pregnant?
    I had awful sinus pain for about a week, so I went to the drs and reluctantly did 10 days of antibiotics.
    Well that ended yesty, and today the pain is back! I am so peeved cos the last thing I wanted to do was take antibiotics, but the pain was making my face numb.
    Now I am wondering what do I do? I don't want more antibiotics.
    So frustrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to get sinus infections regularly so a tip my uncle (who had the same problem) gave me was to snort salty water (eeewww!!). EXTREMELY unpleasant but it did help. Still makes me shudder remembering doing it but it does help a lot, for my uncle and I at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a couple whilst pregnant and it got so bad that no matter what i tried, even snorting the water didn't help and just had to have antibiotics. I found having a saw jaw, cheekbones, head and eyesockets extremely horrid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sinus Infection?

Douching your nose & the Vicks wall plug things (I can't remember the name). Found that helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a sinus rinse nearly 2 hours ago, and some water is still leaking out. So gross!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had recurrent sinusitis during and after my last pregnancy. I absolutely hate taking any medication but had to. When it came back for the fourth time I finally googled for natural remedies and they worked for me! Thank goodness. I used a syringe to squirt grapefruit seed extract (3 drops to about 150ml) into my nose with head back. Flick head forward and tilt head from side to side to get it to spread through the cavity. I then would blow my nose. I think I did it four times the first day. Lavender on temples, forehead and back of neck, brags apple cider vinegar - in water, sipped on it all day plus panadol. It started to clear by the following day. Plain salt didn't work for me as I think the infection had gone too far. Good luck, it's awful isn't it. I actually went to the hospital the pain was so bad I was crying on a Sunday morning with no doctor open. Hope this helps you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little_P For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (16-01-2013),Jodes86  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried acupuncture (for sinus and lymphatic drainage) or physio / chiro?
    There are a lot of techniques and professions that can help with sinus drainage.
    Try and eliminate milk and gluten products as this increases mucous production.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sinus Infection?

There is a blackmores product called PCIP from their practitioner only mineral therapy range. My naturopath sold me that while I was pregnant (and constant sinusitis), and it seemed to really help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Healthybee View Post
    Have you tried acupuncture (for sinus and lymphatic drainage) or physio / chiro?
    There are a lot of techniques and professions that can help with sinus drainage.
    Try and eliminate milk and gluten products as this increases mucous production.
    No didn't even think about that. I will look into it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    There is a blackmores product called PCIP from their practitioner only mineral therapy range. My naturopath sold me that while I was pregnant (and constant sinusitis), and it seemed to really help.
    Ohh I just looked this up, looks really good. I will have to see if I can get some. Thanks I am in so much pain tonight I can't sleep!! Driving me insane.