+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe it definately worked for me. My appointment was the Saturday morning and my waters broke 2am Sunday.
    I was also showing very few signs of going into labour prior to this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did acupuncture work for you?

Yay - thats fantastic Mousky! Conratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    Yay - thats fantastic Mousky! Conratulations
    Thanks Taiyed, I'm actually quite thankful that my ob was talking about an induction, it motivated me into getting acupuncture when maybe I wouldn't have. I had this feeling something wasn't right with Aaron's growth when my fundal height stopped growing at 34 weeks. Even though ob said it was normal for things to slow down at this point, each week, I became more convinced something wasn't right, she measured my amniotic fluid and was reassured by the amount (a healthy placenta wont produce fluid and your levels drop). At the last appointment she said "hmmm" after measuring my height and brought forward the induction two days. Anyway as it turns out the placenta was breaking down and was an "awful colour". His umbilical cord was described as "anorexic" and actually snapped as he was being born. But after all that, other than being small, he's perfect, got a 9 & 9 apgar and has put on heaps of weight. Id hate to think what could have happened in a further 3 days. Trust your instincts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Gosh you wouldn't think he would have such a great AGPARs with a placenta like that. Was the placenta graded for calcification?

I'm not sure, I have an appointment on the 13th with ob and pead and I have heaps of questions to ask, ill add that one to my list. I'm also paranoid about the umbilical cord as I know it is oftern a sign of chromosomal issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousky View Post
    Thanks Taiyed, I'm actually quite thankful that my ob was talking about an induction, it motivated me into getting acupuncture when maybe I wouldn't have. I had this feeling something wasn't right with Aaron's growth when my fundal height stopped growing at 34 weeks. Even though ob said it was normal for things to slow down at this point, each week, I became more convinced something wasn't right, she measured my amniotic fluid and was reassured by the amount (a healthy placenta wont produce fluid and your levels drop). At the last appointment she said "hmmm" after measuring my height and brought forward the induction two days. Anyway as it turns out the placenta was breaking down and was an "awful colour". His umbilical cord was described as "anorexic" and actually snapped as he was being born. But after all that, other than being small, he's perfect, got a 9 & 9 apgar and has put on heaps of weight. Id hate to think what could have happened in a further 3 days. Trust your instincts.
    Oh gosh SO glad all was ok! Thank god for our instincts hey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did acupuncture work for you?

Jeepers Mousky! I'm glad you trusted your instincts. I would be asking lots of questions too... Thank god Aaron was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mousky For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hope all is going well!