+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Blighted Ovum Hope Group

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMama View Post
    So sorry for your loss maybenumber3, I found it really hard to go through. I attempted to wait it our to miscarry naturally but went in for a D & C as I couldn't keep waititng, only to miscarry the day before.

What baby number are you up to now? Thank you for sharing.
    I'm currently 29+1 with bub number 3.

I had a blighted ovum, dd, miscarriage, ds and now this bub.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Anymore answers as yet redlipsandpearls?
    Today I just saw my regular gp for another blood test for hcg levels, will get more answers tomorrow. He had been away when I first found out that I was pregnant, so I saw another gp at the clinic, as it turns out my hcg levels at 5+1 were only 324 (that's why I asked for a dating scan) and my regular gp said there should have been a follow up blood test because my levels were so low. Now I'm angry that I may have been able to find out sooner.
    So far, gp is recommending a d&c as going off dates, it all happened several weeks ago and there is still no bleeding or sign of my body doing what it's meant to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentoo thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on this tiny little dot you're carrying, beautiful you've seen the heart beat! Is this your first baby you're TTC?
    Yep, this is #1 for us.

It absolutely shakes your confidence when your first pregnancy turns out to be a blighted ovum. Someone in another thread said that once you've had a loss, you'll never again be able to look at pregnancy with that wonderful naivety - you're always going to have doubts lingering in the back of your mind. And they're right - I'm a big ball of anxiousness at the moment!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

haley86  (16-09-2014)

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Yep, this is #1 for us.

It absolutely shakes your confidence when your first pregnancy turns out to be a blighted ovum. Someone in another thread said that once you've had a loss, you'll never again be able to look at pregnancy with that wonderful naivety - you're always going to have doubts lingering in the back of your mind. And they're right - I'm a big ball of anxiousness at the moment!
    I want to lie and say I was different but having a blighted ovum them miscarriage/D & C. I didn't feel safe until I was 20 + 1 with my little girl. She is gorgeous and healthy all earthside and in my arms now but gosh it took forever to enjoy being pregnant. I am hoping next time I can enjoy!

maybenumber3 you have also had a rough trot... Did you found you enjoyed your pregnancies after miscarrying?

redlipsandpearls I am so sorry it's been a terrible waiting game. Sending you big hugs. Here for you when you want to talk.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissfulMama For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I want to lie and say I was different but having a blighted ovum them miscarriage/D & C. I didn't feel safe until I was 20 + 1 with my little girl. She is gorgeous and healthy all earthside and in my arms now but gosh it took forever to enjoy being pregnant. I am hoping next time I can enjoy!

maybenumber3 you have also had a rough trot... Did you found you enjoyed your pregnancies after miscarrying?

redlipsandpearls I am so sorry it's been a terrible waiting game. Sending you big hugs. Here for you when you want to talk.
    No, I really think miscarriage taints pregnancy

I'm 29+3 with bub number 3 and I still can't enjoy it, I'm constantly freaking out about something even though I know everything is fine.

I don't think I'll relax until our little girl is born.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (19-01-2013)

BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    No, I really think miscarriage taints pregnancy

I'm 29+3 with bub number 3 and I still can't enjoy it, I'm constantly freaking out about something even though I know everything is fine.

I don't think I'll relax until our little girl is born.

Biggest of comforting hugs. I think that is how I will feel next time, probably putting me off TTC again!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissfulMama For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Blighted Ovum Hope Group

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Yep, this is #1 for us.

Well said Gentoo-exactly how I feel after my first preg didn't work out. I'm so annoyed at myself for thinking it would never happen to me n so jealous of all my friends n family who seem to not know how it feels. I just feel incredibly alone n like such a failure n anxious about getting my next BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too know what its like as I only had a D&C on Friday I dont know how to feel atm I was only 6wks and was spoting on and off but had two US and everything did not come away naturaly so had the d&c done so i could move on my DP would like to try for another child as he dose not have any I have two my son is 14 next mth and my daughter is 10 in July.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started bleeding at 7 weeks and looking back my morning sickness disappeared a few days before that. I never had it confirmed but I strongly suspect that my miscarriage was a blighted ovum. My hcg levels and the (what looked like an) empty sac on the very low quality ultrasound in the ER make me think that. I was a mess at first but once the actual physical parts of the miscarriage were over it wasn't as bad. I have severe endometriosis and the pain that went with the miscarriage and bleeding afterwards was pretty extreme. We are ttc again and when it didn't happen last month I got really down again thinking how unfair it was and that I should already be 4 months pregnant. If we do manage to conceive again I think I will be anxious until at least the 12 week mark and probably beyond that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi.

I just had my second mc. First one was in November very early and passed naturally. Second was about 6 weeks the ultrasounds looked good for being early then I started spotting and ended up having a d&c on Thursday. My ob said it was a blighted ovum and tgat the baby stopped forming at 5w3d :-( im crushed and feel numb how can this happen again!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub