+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BlissfulMama is offline Loving this new tiny person more than I ever imagined!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blighted Ovum Hope Group

I find there is information on what a blighted ovum is out there and people have had one and like me, have gone onto conceive again and had a beautiful baby, some more babies but there isn't a lot out there of how it makes women feel or how we dealt. I'm interested in this.

I myself felt really let down by people just telling me "There was something wrong obviously!" or "Don't you feel lucky IT stopped forming?" both I kind of agree and understand but it's not what you want to hear from anyone, especially people who've never experienced a blighted ovum or pregnancy loss.

Is there anyone out there that would like to share their experience or if they're not there yet, perhaps just their feelings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody? *Hears Crickets*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Blighted Ovum Hope Group

I think this is what I'm going through at the moment, will hopefully get some more answers today as to whether it's a blighted ovum or standard missed miscarriage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting is the worst isn't it? I hope you get answers. Thinking of you.

How far along did you think you were?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My very first pregnancy was a blighted ovum. I was 18 and was so excited to be pregnant. I didn't know anything was wrong until I started bleeding at around 12 weeks. I went to the hospital and they couldn't find a hb so sent me for an urgent us. Once there the head ultrasound tech came in and said that there was a sac that was measuring around 6 weeks and that it was a blighted ovum. I was utterly devastated. I ended up having a d&c and fell pregnant with my dd the next cycle.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

tigerchick  (27-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulMama View Post
    Waiting is the worst isn't it? I hope you get answers. Thinking of you.

How far along did you think you were?
    10+1. There's just a sac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My first pregnancy last year turned out to be a blighted ovum. We went in for our first OB appointment and scan at 9 weeks, and discovered that there was just an empty sac measuring 5 weeks. I started bleeding the following day, but ended up having a D&C the next week because I just needed it to be over. I felt devastated about what had happened, at least in part because I felt that being 35, it was likely my egg that had been faulty. We had conceived that first pregnancy our very first month trying, and so it had seemed like it was "meant to be", and it was such a shock to find out that it wasn't. I felt utter desperation for months afterwards, wondering if we'd blown our one shot at a child, and if all my eggs were "too old". I started seeing a naturopath and an acupuncturist and had booked in an appointment for a FS for the moment we hit the six month mark post-MC - I was willing to clutch at any straw.

However, on our 5th cycle after the D&C, we conceived again naturally. I'm now 7w1d, and saw a healthy fetus with a lovely heartbeat a few days ago. While I won't feel completely comfortable until we hit the magic 12 week mark and get the all-clear for any abnormalities, I at least now know that we can conceive again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

BlissfulMama  (17-01-2013),cluckcluck  (17-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    My very first pregnancy was a blighted ovum. I was 18 and was so excited to be pregnant. I didn't know anything was wrong until I started bleeding at around 12 weeks. I went to the hospital and they couldn't find a hb so sent me for an urgent us. Once there the head ultrasound tech came in and said that there was a sac that was measuring around 6 weeks and that it was a blighted ovum. I was utterly devastated. I ended up having a d&c and fell pregnant with my dd the next cycle.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    So sorry for your loss maybenumber3, I found it really hard to go through. I attempted to wait it our to miscarry naturally but went in for a D & C as I couldn't keep waititng, only to miscarry the day before.

What baby number are you up to now? Thank you for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    10+1. There's just a sac.
    Anymore answers as yet redlipsandpearls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    My first pregnancy last year turned out to be a blighted ovum. We went in for our first OB appointment and scan at 9 weeks, and discovered that there was just an empty sac measuring 5 weeks. I started bleeding the following day, but ended up having a D&C the next week because I just needed it to be over. I felt devastated about what had happened, at least in part because I felt that being 35, it was likely my egg that had been faulty. We had conceived that first pregnancy our very first month trying, and so it had seemed like it was "meant to be", and it was such a shock to find out that it wasn't. I felt utter desperation for months afterwards, wondering if we'd blown our one shot at a child, and if all my eggs were "too old". I started seeing a naturopath and an acupuncturist and had booked in an appointment for a FS for the moment we hit the six month mark post-MC - I was willing to clutch at any straw.

However, on our 5th cycle after the D&C, we conceived again naturally. I'm now 7w1d, and saw a healthy fetus with a lovely heartbeat a few days ago. While I won't feel completely comfortable until we hit the magic 12 week mark and get the all-clear for any abnormalities, I at least now know that we can conceive again.
    Gentoo thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on this tiny little dot you're carrying, beautiful you've seen the heart beat! Is this your first baby you're TTC?