+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only baby showers I get invited to are close family and friends. They know I dont buy gifts for the baby before its born. Ive been invited to acquaintance s parties before and hastilly had my invite revoked when I told them I dont buy baby gifts before the baby's born. Made me giggle a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love baby showers and love buying cute little gifts for the baby. I also assume that close friends and family want to buy gifts as well. I had a list for my shower and invited a lot of people but I didn't do it for the gifts. My family are very practical and insist on lists for birthdays and Xmas etc. In the end only 1 out of 4 of my sisters showed up and my niece. I had 2 friends come. 1 late and the other left early. My partners aunt and cousin and one of his friends but none of his immediate family. Plus my mum because it was at her place.... I spent 3 days crying about it. I didn't want to accept any of the presents that my sisters bought me but also didn't want to create a scene in front of my niece. It was a really big deal for me to catch up with friends and family and celebrate the baby especially as it was supposed to be a gender reveal... If i had more children i would still have a baby shower i would just organise it myself this time. On another note I have heard of baby showers with wishing wells and I think that is tacky IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one for my first, my friends wanted to throw me one more than I wanted to have one. I was really really embarrassed by the amount of presents I got.

This time around my bestie is insisting I have something. I just want to do lunch somewhere, this way people paying for their own lunch is their present to me. I don't really need anything.

I have said that if people want to get me something then I would rather she suggested they give her money for or they get kmart or warehouse (like kmart) vouchers. That way it can be used for anything. I hope people don't buy stuff anyway. I just want to catch up with people I haven't seen in ages. My friends are generous enough every day without having to get me something at the event.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I prefer blessingways, and they are generally held for every baby, they have a more spiritual feel to them.
    I REALLY don't get the idea of a baby shower being only for the first, unless it is just as a 'here we are giving you all these things for the baby, make sure you use them for subsequent children?'

I think it is MORE important for subsequent pregnancy to have the circle of love and support around you, as it only gets harder with pregnancy and juggling kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have a baby shower as such with my first, but a group of did go out for a High Tea which was nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby showers are the norm in my family and friends - didnt really think it was such an issue and I have never thought it was just to get presents??? I would not be friends with a person if they were that self centered

Always been a catch up for the girls, playing silly games, looking at those cute little clothes and tiny nappies and eating and drinking - in other words - celebrating

For me I had one for my 1st but not for my 2nd and not this one either - mainly as once you are on to your 2/3 child so is all your friends and a baby shower catch up is not as fun as when it was just a girls things. Plus its like triple the cost due to numbers.

My sis is having her second child and just a few or us are taking her out to the barossa for a small lunch to spoil her with some gifts and to get out of the house.

So no dont see it as a gift grab, I like to give a gift that I know would help the new mum emotionally and financially - the same way I was treated when I had my baby shower.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to second baby not so easy For This Useful Post:

LilCritter  (13-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't like it, don't have one Or don't attend them.