+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby shower spin off- am I the only one that doesn't agree?

Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I think one thing that makes guests feel uncomfy about the present thing is when everyone is made to sit down and the presents are opened in front of all the other guests. "Ooh, look this is from 'Jane', a lovely silver dummy from Tiffany's". Next present "ooh, look this is from 'Tina', a target jumpsuit". Kind of hard not to feel bad if you are Tina.
    Lol very true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im throwing one for a friend in April for her second baby. Her first is 8 now but was born at 26 weeks prem so missed out on all of the lovely stuff.
    Hers is only with close friends and not a gift grab.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Baby shower spin off- am I the only one that doesn't agree?

OP, you clearly go to very different baby showers than the ones I've hosted. DS I had afternoon tea in mum's backyard with my dearest girlfriends and female relatived. Yes I got small gifts from them but there was no games or themed cakes. Just lots of good food and lots of laughs.
    DD I had afternoon tea out at a bar with a gorgeous rooftop terrace. Same guests, and I stipulated no gifts. I still got a couple of gifts- some hand-me-down clothes and a pair of red polka dot heels my best friend saw in an op shop window on the way to the baby shower.
    As PP said, it was about celebrating a new baby's arrival and dragging my fat bum out to see my friends one last time before the mayhem began!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    People give them to their kids? I wasn't planning on that...I just have them. Each in their own little baggy, labelled with the date it fell out, and what position in the mouth it had. I just keep them in this little keepsake box full of sentimental junk of hers.
    Dont know if people ACTUALLY give them to their kids. He was being funny. To be honest the two I have kept do gross me out when I see them...which isnt often anyway. I do find keeping hair and teeth a bit of an odd tradition really.....when serial killers do it its creepy but when mums do it its fine?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    I think one thing that makes guests feel uncomfy about the present thing is when everyone is made to sit down and the presents are opened in front of all the other guests. "Ooh, look this is from 'Jane', a lovely silver dummy from Tiffany's". Next present "ooh, look this is from 'Tina', a target jumpsuit". Kind of hard not to feel bad if you are Tina.
    that's very true!

Thanks
    Reviews

I had one but treated everyone to high tea at The Loft in sydney and put the price limit on gifts at $50. In the end I spent more than what I had received in gifts. There were no games just a chance to see my friends b4 I became a mum.

I would never have one for my other kids, I do t like that.

Op I agree with u though, I went to an old friends shower who invited about 60 people, had a gift registry and honestly they were all expensive gifts. She wanted top of the range stuff... I didnt have any kids at that stage and I remember spending $150 on a freaking baby bath! Rip off!!

Mind u this is the girl who let's her kids rip up my house when they visit (for those who read that thread) so I really should be surprised.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had one but treated everyone to high tea at The Loft in sydney and put the price limit on gifts at $50. In the end I spent more than what I had received in gifts. There were no games just a chance to see my friends b4 I became a mum.

Op I agree with u though, I went to an old friends shower who invited about 60 people, had a gift registry and honestly they were all expensive gifts. She wanted top of the range stuff... I didnt have any kids at that stage and I remember spending $150 on a freaking baby bath! Rip off!!

Mind u this is the girl who let's her kids rip up my house when they visit (for those who read that thread) so I really shouldnt be surprised.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post

Mind u this is the girl who let's her kids rip up my house when they visit (for those who read that thread) so I really should be surprised.
    yes I read your thread!
    Ditch that friend.
    $150 on a plastic tub? I didn't think that was even possible lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post

Mind u this is the girl who let's her kids rip up my house when they visit (for those who read that thread) so I really shouldnt be surprised.
    If the average spend was $150 that's 9K :what:
    Who needs that much in baby stuff... Really?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Dont know if people ACTUALLY give them to their kids. He was being funny. To be honest the two I have kept do gross me out when I see them...which isnt often anyway. I do find keeping hair and teeth a bit of an odd tradition really.....when serial killers do it its creepy but when mums do it its fine?
    I thought the same thing re: serial killers