+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol and over 40

Hi Girls,

I'm just wondering if there are some of you doing the Colorado Protocol and are over 40 at the moment.
    I am going thru my 5th IVF cycle and entering my 6th year of IVF. This is going to be my last trial as we can no longer afford the treatment.
    I feel that after the last 2 cycles with PGD and this one on a different protocol I have given it a good shot.
    Anyway, I would appreciate to hear your experiences with this protocol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Francisca,
    We are also on our 5th cycle but 2nd year of IVF. We are not doing the colorado cycle but have a new FS and going to use growth hormone although I think our biggest issue may be to do with male factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

Yes, I'm 40 and just starting my first Colorado protocol. It's pretty daunting. This is my 2nd IVF cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrErinR,

It is a lot to take, isn't it?
    I am going for the egg collection this Saturday. Follicle numbers were ok, so I am praying that everything goes well from now on. Where are you in your cycle?
    XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kenta,

Fingers crossed so that the 5th cycle is our lucky one and that it will be it for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francisca View Post
    Hi MrErinR,

It is a lot to take, isn't it?
    I am going for the egg collection this Saturday. Follicle numbers were ok, so I am praying that everything goes well from now on. Where are you in your cycle?
    XX
    It's a huge amount to take in. I really felt quite overwhelmed after seeing the nurse to learn about the meds.

How did you go with egg collection? I hope it's gone smoothly and you aren't feeling too sore.

I'm just at the Synarel sniffing stage of a down reg cycle. I won't start jabbing until the end of January. It feels a lifetime away.

Just curious...were you prescribed Filgrastim? I'm trying to work out how essential it is as it's very expensive. (I'm not sure it's actually a part of Colorado)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR,

I am feeling very bloated and my breasts feel like huge melons
    The EC was a piece of cake as I kinda like the feeling of going to sleep with the anesthetic, but then the rest of the day is a bit uncomfortable with the cramps etc...

Yes I was prescribed the Filgrastim, which is based on your body weight. I have bought 3 lots of injections so far, each at 190 for 5 x .20.

I have to keep faith and fingers crossed for the fertilization that I will only know on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin and Kenta,

I have initiated this thread and am very happy that we are kinda in the same boat of another cycle and in same age group, but there is also another thread about the Colorado protocol. Those girls are very warm and welcoming, so I suggest we discuss on that thread, as they are also very experienced.

Good Luck Erin. The synarel stage is for me the exciting start up.
    Do you have acupuncture sessions? It may help with anxiety and/or boredom at this stage in your cycle.
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol and over 40

Quote Originally Posted by francisca View Post
    Hi Erin and Kenta,

I have initiated this thread and am very happy that we are kinda in the same boat of another cycle and in same age group, but there is also another thread about the Colorado protocol. Those girls are very warm and welcoming, so I suggest we discuss on that thread, as they are also very experienced.

Good Luck Erin. The synarel stage is for me the exciting start up.
    Do you have acupuncture sessions? It may help with anxiety and/or boredom at this stage in your cycle.
    xo
    I did acupuncture for my first cycle and I actually felt that the stress of getting to the appointments was outweighing the relaxation. I was traveling for work a lot at the time so it was hard with that and blood tests and scans also to fit in. So I've decided to give it a miss this time around. I'll just keep on counting down the days until i start jabbing I guess. Hopefully they will go by fast.

I'm happy to chat in the other thread. They are a nice bunch of ladies there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado/pgd

Hi francisca, how many eggs did you get, how many made it to pgd and how many were suitable for transfer after the pgd? My wife and I are in a similar boat(imp failure) and just after some possible insight. I know everyone's cases are not the same though.
    Thanks, Gus.