+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long did you work for?

Just wondering how long into your pregnancy you were able to keep working for? I'm officially due on July 30th but that's 40 weeks. I was going to work until April and then put in my leave form. However, my boss would like to know sooner if possible because he has made a mess up on not accounting for someone else who is returning from maternity leave and is hoping I can help out!

So....any ideas on how uncomfortable it gets to keep going?? How many weeks??

Thanks
    Reviews

I left at 22 weeks on OB's orders. I had major issues with my kidneys (Pyle Nefritis) that went on to cause PTL 3 times so I was put on bed rest. I think I could have worked up to 30 weeks if I had no complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having to put in my leave preferences now. I'd like to try to work to 36 weeks to enable maximum use of my leave post birth rather than pre-birth. But that will obviously be variable depending on health. Fortunately I have access to different leave types and these can be adjusted to different dates if necessary without great difficulty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I am very lucky with my job as a teacher as my principal has said she understnad if I have to go early, as is I have put in to take study leave (as I am doing my masters as well at the moment) for the last two weeks of term 2 then the 2 weeks holidays and it brins me up to when I will be 36 weeks pregnant to start my maternity leave......of course this is best case scenario lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How long did you work for?

I'm aiming to go until 38 weeks, but time will tell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Leas and Disbride - I'm thinking similar to you. I'm a teacher too and I'll be 36 weeks at the end of Term 2 so I think I'll put in to start mat leave then. I have about 6 months of sick leave acrued too so I'll use that if I have to go early. I was just wondering because everyone is telling me I'm mad to go so long, but I think I'd be mad to cut into mat leave pre-birth!

Thanks
    Reviews

Do you teach in a nsw public school? I read the award and I think it says 9 weeks before EDD and then 52 weeks from baby's actual DOB. I'm calling employee services this week to discuss my options and see what works best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My work preferred pregnant women to work til 38 weeks, but I pushed for 36. I am glad I did, because I had DS1 at 39 weeks, and it wouldn't of left me with enough time to get the last of stuff ready.
    By 33 weeks I really was stuffed. I think I was counting down the days til I left by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Best friend is a High School Teacher, her baby was due in March last year.
    She sort of wanted to start maternity leave as of the new year, but had to work 2 weeks to clean out her office, and a few loose ended things, for those 2 weeks she was a fill in teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews

I work in early childhood so I'm constantly on the go.
    with my DD I left work at 38weeks and she came at 39 weeks.
    With my DS I left work at 38 weeks and he was 3days late
    Currently pregnant (18 weeks) and plan to work till 38 weeks again.

Everyone and every pregnancy is different. I prefer to use my mat leave for when bubs is born.