+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Change Table

Hi ladies,
    I am thinking of getting a 4 draw chest with a change table built on top. Has anyone had issues with space of elbows and arms with changing as it will be pushed right against the wall?
    Thanks, Jackie

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Change Table

I have one and I change side on. I find it easier and have never done it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Change Table

Never had an issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Change Table

Yup doing it currently . Bought a long set and didn't have room for my table. I has to stick it to the draws tho

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use an old desk...its quite long (119cm x 60xm). The draws are great for nappies, wipes, bibs, etc.

I use the anti slip matting underneath and the padded baby change mat. Then on the sides I can put creams, wipes , etc.

Attached a pic (dont mind the mess underneath the desk!)P1010638.jpg

I got my change mat from Big W...was $20 I think? And the anti slip matting I got from Spotlight but I have seen it in Kmart as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Change Table

I bought an ikea chest of drawers and got my dad to make a change tray which sits on top. I find it so much easier to do on the side!

Here's some pics (sorry they're not very good!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Change Table

I have drawers and change table and I love it. I brought it off eBay and it looks very tidy. I fit all of DS nappies, wipes, lotions etc in the top draw and use the rest for his clothes, wraps bub etc.
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1358297127.195073.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a drawers set for the change table. It has three long drawers and two smaller ones across the top. It was already in the shop with the lip all around the edge designed to be a change table. However, we preferred a wider mat with high sides and so we just got them to make it wider for us and didn't cost that much more. Have used with all of our kids and find it great. I think it was around $400 not quite 5 years ago. We stained it ourselves so that it would match the cot.

We have been in homes where people with the bath/change tables and seen kids fall off them multiple times. Not sure if this is the design or the parents though!
    Last edited by number4bub; 16-01-2013 at 10:50. Reason: Forgot something

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a regular changing table, but pushed up against the wall. Never a problem with elbows on walls, etc.
    The only problem I had was the height of it - it just always seemed too low, and gave me a backache standing and leaning over. So hubby attached some wooden blocks underneath on castors to get it higher for me.