+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 false positives ( BFP) ? Possibly ? PIC INSIDE

Snapshot_20130115_1.jpg
    I am 1 day late (if my cycle was regular, they are irregular but had my 1st regular cycle last month)
    I have been POAS crazy
    I took 10 internet cheap tests today and yesterday. they were all negative
    I took 1 called david yesterday and a second line was there from get go but it was super super faint (it got darker after 5-10 mins)
    I took 1 first response early response yesterday and a very faint like came up around the 8-15 min mark.
    I took another 1st response early response today and the line came up around the 10 min mark (the one that is pictured). it is darker than yesterday
    I also took 1 digital today but it was faulty and nothing showed up

I have been ttc 4 years on our own i have a rare condition called unicornuate uterus. Im just wondering do you think they are evap line or false positives. Im freaking out in a good way but its going to take a lot 2 convince me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 3 false positives ( BFP) ? Possibly ? PIC INSIDE

There does look like there is colour in that second line but it's very close up and blurry and I don't think you're meant to take the tests apart.

I think your best bet would be to get a blood test.

Good luck, I'm crossing my fingers that it's positive !

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes there is colour , i know i took it with webcam i cant find my camera
    But the lines are all pink. Does taking the stick out of the plastic to get a better view make a difference? I just thought it would be like a strip ?

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I guess you've had two possible positives on two different brands, the david ones and frer ones are very sensitive so if the others you were using were less sensitive that could explain the difference...if you are utd...I've been using the david ones over the past few days and have not had any evaps or false positives - the negs are pretty clear.

If af is overdue then its probably best to go to the doctor for a blood test - that will give you a definite answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlouise2009 View Post
    Yes there is colour , i know i took it with webcam i cant find my camera
    But the lines are all pink. Does taking the stick out of the plastic to get a better view make a difference? I just thought it would be like a strip ?
    if the line was definitely there before you took the strip out then I don't think it matters - its only a problem when you're not sure if a line is there, because sometimes there's an indent that looks like a line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first BFP's were very faint (more faint than yours) and took ages to come up. But, they were BFP's. I wouldn't rush off to the GP for a blood test as your HCG levels might still be so low that they wouldn't register as 'positive' on a blood test. If you can manage it, wait another few days and do a few more First Response tests (with the first urine of the day) and you should gradually see the line appearing quicker & getting darker. Mind you 5 days after I got my first faint BFP I did an internet cheapie preg test & it was negative and yet that was the first day that my First Response test came up quickly (under 1 minute).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I am praying they are true. a VERY HARD 4 YEARS. but i know the months to come will be hard if i am due to my condition.
    But im have never had evap lines of a false positive in my life. But dh and i only dtd once this cycle and that was 1w3d after my period stopped. so it dosnt seem correct

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks ladies. I am praying they are true. a VERY HARD 4 YEARS. but i know the months to come will be hard if i am due to my condition.
    But im have never had evap lines of a false positive in my life. But dh and i only dtd once this cycle and that was 1w3d after my period stopped. so it dosnt seem correct
    It makes no difference when your period stopped, the cycle is counted from DAY ONE, not the last day. How many days after the first day did you DTD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks 3 days , but i never take any of that into consideration because i didnt get a positive ovulation test and my periods are irregular, But we dtd when i was getting EWCM but that was on and off for about 5 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    2 weeks 3 days , but i never take any of that into consideration because i didnt get a positive ovulation test and my periods are irregular, But we dtd when i was getting EWCM but that was on and off for about 5 days
    sounds like the perfect time to dtd