+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babywishes4me View Post
    What time does your bub go to sleep at night? My dd wakes up from her 4 th nap at 3.30 - 4pm it's a bit all over the place. I try to get her through until 5.30 but end up doing the bed time routine at 5pm because she is cranky and xhausted so she is asleep for the night by 5.30 - 5.45pm. She can't mak it any later than that.
    Its good that your dd can go down so early being so bright now in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccajane85 View Post
    I'm slowly getting better day sleeps out of my dd. she's 4 months on the 27th. A couple of things that have worked for us are - elevating the head of her bassinet
    - up for an hour then down to sleep, even if no tired signs, doesn't always work
    - same routine for sleep at each nap time, play then cuddles and some singing, then into her swaddle with dummy and carry off to bed.
    We are now getting 3 good day sleeps she stirs at about 45mins I leave her until she cries go in pop dummy in and leave. No eye contact no talking. Sometimes she will wake up and talk I let her go and she normally falls back to sleep.
    How do you help her transit from one sleep cycle to the next? Just dummy and leave? And she talks with the dummy still in her mouth?

if I give dummy and he whines it drops and game over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help need with day naps

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Gosh. I want to train bub to sleep in cot for naps and bedtime but at the back of my mind I wonder if this will make him not sleep elsewhere. It will make things difficult when we are out indeed.

How do you make him sleep in the cot? Carry sleep transfer? Or pat in cot? Or he falls asleep himself?

Most pp have problem with bub staying sleeping in cot. You have the other end of the problem. Do you then wear him when you are out?
    Sometimes he will pass out in the pram for 20mins. I do have an Ergo but don't really like wearing it for long periods.

So some days he will only have 60/90 mins sleep! So usually means an early bedtime!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help need with day naps

Quote Originally Posted by Tubeway View Post
    Hi there, I have read the same book, Your Sleepless Baby. It is the same method as the Sleep Right, Sleep Tight method used at Tweddle and now promoted through the Child Health service here in Tasmania. The woman who taught me this technique in a sleep group a few days ago says that in fifteen years teaching it, she has known 3 babies who did not improve and they all had underlying medical issues. So it sounds pretty good.
    In comparing the two books, I would choose Sleep Right, Sleep Tight over Your Sleepless Baby, but basically they are very, very similar. It's all about sleep re-training. If your baby is used to going to sleep with swaddling, cuddling, walking, singing, then they wake up in a light sleep cycle and complain because those things aren't there anymore.
    I am in day three of the Sleep Right method and I am seeing some improvements. There is a fair bit of crying involved but as my baby is 4 months, I am right next to him almost the whole time. So I do recommend the book you've suggested, nearly as much as I recommend Sleep Right, Sleep Tight.
    Thanks Tubeway. I'll have a look for Sleep Right Sleep Tight and see how it goes. I felt like I went back a step today after a few days of going so well. Hopefully we will get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Its good that your dd can go down so early being so bright now in summer.
    I think it works because we have really good block out curtains so it's like it's night time at that time of day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardley View Post
    Thanks Tubeway. I'll have a look for Sleep Right Sleep Tight and see how it goes. I felt like I went back a step today after a few days of going so well. Hopefully we will get there.

I am in day 5 or 6 of the Sleep Right Sleep Tight methods and I am now seeing really significant improvements. For the first three nights when I put him in his cot he yelled for up to an hour and a half. Now, that is yelling with me right next to him, quietly patting him, and after every fifteen minutes yelling we take a break, get up, have cuddles, relax, then go back to cot firmly and consistently. On day 4 I put him in his cot and he lay there awake and chatting to his mobile totally calmly for ten minutes and then went to sleep on his own; this night I put him in his cot and he chatted for almost an hour, cheerfully, then went to sleep on his own again. I checked him quietly every ten minutes. No crying, no screaming, just cheery quiet chatting alone.
    As the book says you have good days and bad days but the goal is the same - you want your baby to be put to bed when he shows tired signs, and then settle himself to sleep, and gradually you see steps towards this goal.
    They point out that when crying, babies have a 'peak point' where they sound really upset, but if you hang in there, they tend to drop off soon after that. Even on those first few nights, he was still crying less overall than he was when he was always tired. Really, get yourself a pair of industrial headphones, like blokes wear for chainsawing or whatever, and push through. I'm promising you it works, and quicker than you'd think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read and implemented Your Sleepless Baby about 4 weeks ago and found it made a huge difference. I'd highly recommend it. I got the ebook version on Amazon. Best $5 I ever spent .
    Last edited by gizmo; 24-01-2013 at 09:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubeway View Post
    I am in day 5 or 6 of the Sleep Right Sleep Tight methods and I am now seeing really significant improvements. For the first three nights when I put him in his cot he yelled for up to an hour and a half. Now, that is yelling with me right next to him, quietly patting him, and after every fifteen minutes yelling we take a break, get up, have cuddles, relax, then go back to cot firmly and consistently. On day 4 I put him in his cot and he lay there awake and chatting to his mobile totally calmly for ten minutes and then went to sleep on his own; this night I put him in his cot and he chatted for almost an hour, cheerfully, then went to sleep on his own again. I checked him quietly every ten minutes. No crying, no screaming, just cheery quiet chatting alone.
    As the book says you have good days and bad days but the goal is the same - you want your baby to be put to bed when he shows tired signs, and then settle himself to sleep, and gradually you see steps towards this goal.
    They point out that when crying, babies have a 'peak point' where they sound really upset, but if you hang in there, they tend to drop off soon after that. Even on those first few nights, he was still crying less overall than he was when he was always tired. Really, get yourself a pair of industrial headphones, like blokes wear for chainsawing or whatever, and push through. I'm promising you it works, and quicker than you'd think.
    1.5 hours?? How did both of you survive it? I cannot even stand 10mins. I wish I can but my head will do me in. I think I will end up having PND.