+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help need with day naps

My 4 month old DD sleeps beautifully at night 7pm until 6.30am without waking. However day sleeps are a whole other ball game. With a lot of persistence I've managed to get a 40 minute sleep routine at about 8.30am in her cot but she refuses to have a sleep there at any other time of day. In her car capsule or pram there is no problem but she won't sleep in her cot no matter how tired she is. I've tried everything giving her a bottle, patting, singing, letting her fall asleep in my arms and then trying to transfer her to cot all without success.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I can sympathise. I have only ever gotten 2 or 3 40 min naps out of my DS. My problem is he only sleeps in the cot so if we are out and about.... No sleep!

Will she sleep anywhere else in the house?

Thanks
    Reviews

Um only on me (where she is right now!) which I'm not keen to encourage. I'm finding I just can't get anything done during the day. She's obviously tired but is just a little too stubborn to close her eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can u do a sleep per day in the pram and wheel into her bedroom? I used to wheel dd up the street or round the house then into her room once she was off... Then have 1 sleep in her cot aswell?

Thanks
    Reviews

I walk to the shopping centre every day with her and she falls asleep in the pram and if she's still asleep when we get home I leave her there. It's just the routine of getting her to have a longer cot sleep that I'm craving....

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I can sympathise. I have only ever gotten 2 or 3 40 min naps out of my DS. My problem is he only sleeps in the cot so if we are out and about.... No sleep!
    Sorry can't help as I too am like kw123^^^. DS only has 3 lots of 45 mins a day & will not sleep in the car or capsule so if I go out he doesn't sleep. Hence I never leave the house :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like I'm not alone! I'm jealous of the three sleeps a day though. I can only get one!

I've done some research on the web and I've come across a book called Your Sleepless Baby by Rowena Bennett. Has anyone read it? Just wondering if that's worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We only get two now as he flat out refuses his late arvo one now at almost 7 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 15 week old dd is like kw123 and external. She sleeps 4 naps a day but they vary from 30 mins to an hour. I can feel your pain with hardly any sleeps. It's so hard trying to entertain her all day because she is constantly cranky through the day cause she has hardly had any sleep. She is a great night time sleeper though so I can't complain to much.
    Can I ask if anyone's child gets cranky a lot as well if they are catnappers?
    I can't do anything through the day either cause she won't sleep anywhere but her cot & has to be wrapped in her wrap me up I went up to he shops the other day & she screamed the whole time and it was red faced crying screaming as well. She is always like that so I was wondering if it was only her with the crankiness of hardly any sleep through the day.
    yardley - could you try what someone suggested with the pram put in the room so bub starts to associate the room as sleep time. Do you keep the room dark when she try's to sleep?
    Last edited by babywishes4me; 17-01-2013 at 18:50.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babywishes4me For This Useful Post:

Kristin Amara  (17-04-2013)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Babywishes, my DS gets cranky too. I have to wrap him up at home otherwise he won't sleep, I've even tried wrapping him in the pram but it's made no difference. I usually get an hour of him in the pram & then he is red faced hysterical crying too. Makes it hard to get him in the car, go to the shops & home again in that 1 hour. I think with us poor mums that have cat nappers, our bubs struggle to stay up as long as a bub that's had a great 1.5 or 2 hour sleep.