+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really glad to hear that Hopefully now you can move forward! Don't be too hard on yourself though as that takes time to get over deep feelings like you had,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Well that was short lived...

Yeah I think he did me quite a favour with his behaviour on the weekend. I feel really good about being single again now and just concentrating in my own life. I really appreciate you writing in this thread. I am really hopeful things go well with your relationship xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Siboo  (13-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have to say the whole 'I'm not ready thing' = sounds like a player.

On to the next one OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I have to say the whole 'I'm not ready thing' = sounds like a player.

On to the next one OP!
    Yeah I do feel a little naive. I'm a very trusting person (hence my exH and best friend having an affair under my nose...lol). I don't want to change that about myself though. I like to think the best of people. I'd rather be let down myself then always be skeptical. But yes ... This particular ship has definitely sailed

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yeah I do feel a little naive. I'm a very trusting person (hence my exH and best friend having an affair under my nose...lol). I don't want to change that about myself though. I like to think the best of people. I'd rather be let down myself then always be skeptical. But yes ... This particular ship has definitely sailed
    Good on you, you definately deserve better and I think it's wonderful that you remain a positive and trusting person. You sound like you have a lot of love to give and I'm sure you will find a deserving person of that love when the timing is right. Keep focusing on yourself and your boys and who knows where your journey will take you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummabearto2 For This Useful Post:

Gold  (13-02-2013),Siboo  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome OP, happy that you're happy :-)

Onwards and upwards hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought if give you an update ... I'd cut contact with him. Told him what I thought of his actions and he asked to meet for coffee. He was upset that I thought so poorly of him and wanted us to be friends. I told him it wasn't necessary and that we don't need to like each other. Not in a mean way - just I was over the drama and was quite happy going back to my safe little single world.

Anyway last week he texted to ask if I was going to the races and said maybe we could have a beer together. I had a little chat with him there and it's amazing how when you aren't interested in someone their whole appearance can change. I wasn't attracted to him in the slightest yet a few months ago I just wanted to rip his clothes off!!! Ha.

He is now seeing the girl he kissed and seems quite happy. He didn't talk about her but just he seems happy in himself. So good for him.

I've come to realise that I'm not sure how single mummies even date. This week I've barely had time to eat let alone date!!! So I'm thinking it's one for the back burner until the boys are a bit older. Plus I'm getting surgery that will knock me about in about two months - so perhaps once I've fully recovered I set cast my eyes upon my local kingdom to find my unlikely prince??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great to hear it wasn't awkward for you

I'm totally with you on the dating - I'm obviously new to being single and have a newborn which makes it harder to meet people too !

But I fail to see how I will EVER meet any nice guys in the next 5-10 years, as a single mum to 2 such young boys!!! I hardly have time for a decent shower, forget anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am only new to being a single mum and have a baby and 3yr old but the prospect of dating scares the crap out of me but so does being alone forever. like Pesca I can't see myself having time to date for the next few years. Don't think a screaming baby is particularly attractive - lol. I really feel for you and am so glad I read this as this is so like something I would do!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi , theboys&me. I have great respect for you, and I wish you well. Noone lives on a island, we have to deal with others. That is human nature. It takes time and skills to learn who to trust and give ourselves to. This person has been in your life to teach you a few lessons, about humanity, and about yourself. Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes we have to wait for the lesson to become clear. Take care of yourself, you know you are worthy of love, and deserve to be treated as number one, so take your time and you will find the right person for you. hugs, Marie.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-03-2013),jo101  (25-03-2013)