+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Well that was short lived...

Saw him out at a pub last night. We didn't speak to each other and he started making out with a chick at the table about 2 metres away from me.

I sent him a tirade of messages over the night. I feel so silly now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that is awful Don't feel silly, it's all human nature!
    This whole dating/love business is so horrible at times!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My friend said he kept looking at me. I didn't see him though. I just feel annoyed that he says one thing but does another. Oh well ... I hate that it bothers me so much. We aren't together and he can do whatever he wants - I just wish I didn't have to witness it

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like he was trying to make you jealous!
    It's understandable that it bothers you, and yes I hate that feeling too!!
    Be kind on yourself

Thanks
    Reviews

Well he just texted saying sorry he didn't say hi but he was with there with someone and felt awkward to say anything (I thought she was just a random). I'm very disappointed that he strung me along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ..... he tells you he needs time to sort himself out, then you see each other out at the pub where he ignores you - but not only that - he also makes out with another chick?!!

Riiiiiiiiiight.

I know what I would do - but I am not you and I don't know this man.

Are you happy with this situation TB&M? I mean, are you happy with being this man's emotional support at his convenience? Who did he lean on for support (other than his now ex-wife) before you met each other? Where are they now?

I guess I'm a bit worried that he may be taking advantage of your kind nature. Don't get me wrong - love and support for our friends is a beautiful thing, but not when it is one-way, and especially not when you are sacrificing your own happiness, including the difficulty of dealing with your strong feelings towards each other physically. You are important too.

All I'm gonna add is to look out for yourself and your family first. Sit down and figure out what works for you in regards to your relationship with this man. If you're truly okay with remaining his friend and support network during this difficult phase he is experiencing then do so with an open heart. And if not, then that's okay too. Don't be so hard on yourself. You sound like an amazing, strong woman. And Mother :-)

Best of luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    So ..... he tells you he needs time to sort himself out, then you see each other out at the pub where he ignores you - but not only that - he also makes out with another chick?!!

Riiiiiiiiiight.

I know what I would do - but I am not you and I don't know this man.

Are you happy with this situation TB&M? I mean, are you happy with being this man's emotional support at his convenience? Who did he lean on for support (other than his now ex-wife) before you met each other? Where are they now?

I guess I'm a bit worried that he may be taking advantage of your kind nature. Don't get me wrong - love and support for our friends is a beautiful thing, but not when it is one-way, and especially not when you are sacrificing your own happiness, including the difficulty of dealing with your strong feelings towards each other physically. You are important too.

All I'm gonna add is to look out for yourself and your family first. Sit down and figure out what works for you in regards to your relationship with this man. If you're truly okay with remaining his friend and support network during this difficult phase he is experiencing then do so with an open heart. And if not, then that's okay too. Don't be so hard on yourself. You sound like an amazing, strong woman. And Mother :-)

Best of luck
    After the weekend I don't want anything to do with him. Worst part of it is a fortnight ago he dropped me home from the clubs on my kid free weekend and we went back to his place and DTD. I've since had a bit of a pregnancy scare and have had a few faint positive pregnancy tests today (cos i should have had my period yesterday I think) I've had a blood test today so I should find out for certain tomorrow. What is it with me and terrible timing!!! I'm feeling extremely worried right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for today TB&M. Try not to stress yourself out worrying about the 'what if's' until you receive the results back from your blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you. I hope you are ok

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Yep my blood test confirmed that I am not pregnant. I can't explain the level of relief I feel!!