+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Well that was short lived...

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I recently watched a friend who was very very very closed off fall into a whirlwind love adventure. It was amazingly intense and beautiful. And then it ended, and she was absolutely gutted. Was saying 'thats why I don't let anyone in', BUT
    I can see the change in her. I can see her evaluating what really brings her joy in her life and she's much more open with her friends now. It hurt her deeply, but it also awoke her to the fact that she CAN love, and that it's a beautiful feeling when someone is there.

It was a wonderful transition for her once she got over the pain. Maybe the same will happen for you. Allow you to be open to the idea of a Mr/Mrs right if they come along.
    Oh that's beautiful and very close to home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I dont get it. If you both really care for each other then why not just wait a while until he has sorted himself out? Surely he is worth waiting for?
    He may well be. I'm not planning on finding a 'Mr Right' I just don't think it's healthy (despite how strongly I feel for him) for me to put my heart on line by allowing us to still be emotionally invested in each other and at times physically available.

It's not a good feeling when you aren't around them as fun as it is when you are. I could easily keep doing this cos it feels nice when we are together ... But I can feeling it breaking my heart a little more each day because we technically aren't and may never be. I dunno hey. It's a very confusing situation and I can barely comprehend it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you are going through this.

I have a similar situation on my hands, my partner is about to go through property settlement/divorce and so we have taken a back step for now due to several reasons.

It's really upsetting me as we are so happy together but external factors are causing stress that we don't need in a relatively new relationship. We are hopeful that we can be stronger than ever after all this has been finished but a lot can happen between now and then.

It's so hard, I really feel for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's very brave of you and I think it's the right thing to do. If you're questioning the logistics of a relationship with this man already then clearly there's difficulty waiting ahead unless he sorts out his issues first.

There's no reason why you can't keep the lines of communication open so that should he be in a better place in the future you''ll be there . But personally I feel that putting that much effort into a relationship that's so short and not yet fully established would probably end up leading to an unhappy situation anyway.

Good luck I hope he does get himself sorted out soon and you're able to rekindle what you had .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Izy  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I'm sorry, I'm not single. But you're a Hubber I greatly respect and just wanted to send you some of these good luck Hun.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Siboo View Post
    I'm sorry you are going through this.

I have a similar situation on my hands, my partner is about to go through property settlement/divorce and so we have taken a back step for now due to several reasons.

It's really upsetting me as we are so happy together but external factors are causing stress that we don't need in a relatively new relationship. We are hopeful that we can be stronger than ever after all this has been finished but a lot can happen between now and then.

It's so hard, I really feel for you.
    It's a feeling of hopelessness isn't it .. When your heart and your head aren't on the same page.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    That's very brave of you and I think it's the right thing to do. If you're questioning the logistics of a relationship with this man already then clearly there's difficulty waiting ahead unless he sorts out his issues first.

There's no reason why you can't keep the lines of communication open so that should he be in a better place in the future you''ll be there . But personally I feel that putting that much effort into a relationship that's so short and not yet fully established would probably end up leading to an unhappy situation anyway.

Good luck I hope he does get himself sorted out soon and you're able to rekindle what you had .
    Yeah rationally I know the right thing to do and I certainly have my hesitations - but holy Dooley I don't like it being in my head and the pit of my tummy all day. I never thought I'd fall so quickly. I've absolutely surprised myself by my emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not single. But you're a Hubber I greatly respect and just wanted to send you some of these good luck Hun.
    Oh your post really made me smile - I thought I was invisible in BubHub land... And I'm more than happy for partnered people to reply.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've noticed that today I'm being very impatient with my boys and just wanting them to leave me alone. Which isn't like me at all. Like I'm churned up in the tummy. This makes me think that relationships are not for me cos the last thing I want to do is push my babies away because I'm feeling down and emotional. I just want this strange feeling period to pass so I can get back to my happy place!!!