+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I feel like I'm drowning :-(

Lots of hugs.

It's better to drop the price of the house and take a loss then for the bank to take possession and sell it for next to nothing. You've done the right thing.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In regards to the rego/green slip, you can go for a 6 month option if that would be easier and you should definitely enquire about their concessions. If you get an electronic pink slip and an online quote for your green slip you could register to use RTA online and pay for the green slip in the morning when your payment goes in, you can then drive straight away.

Best of luck selling your house

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I feel like I'm drowning :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    In regards to the rego/green slip, you can go for a 6 month option if that would be easier and you should definitely enquire about their concessions. If you get an electronic pink slip and an online quote for your green slip you could register to use RTA online and pay for the green slip in the morning when your payment goes in, you can then drive straight away.

Best of luck selling your house
    Thank you, yes the 6 month option occurred to me this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...fee-assistance

I don't know if this could help you but it would be worth looking into so you can find work. It carries on for a period of time after you've got employment too.

I'm sorry to read you're having such a tough time. At the end of it all, you'll still be unhappy at everything you and your kids had to sacrifice because he was a horse @ss, but you'll be able to sigh a sigh of relief as well. I hope the end comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to hear of your situation HugsBunny. Everyone here has already given you greet advice, just wanted to send you cyber support.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a single mum so our situation is different but if you have children at home have you thought about babysitting at home or at other peoples homes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    It won't help pay your rego bill, but are you able to do some cash in hand work eg ironing from home to help balance your budget a bit until you can find paid employment somewhere else? The lady over the road from me does ironing for $1 an item and she does a roaring trade (I thought the price was a bit steep myself, but she has heaps of customers). The ATO classify this type of work as a hobby (if you earn than $5k per year I think) so it wouldn't affect your centrelink money.

Another idea is to deliver junkmail. I used to sit the kids in the pram and load up the basket underneath with the junkmail. Is painful, but I got about $50 a week from it and it didn't affect centrelink either. I used to work for Salmat. PMP is another company.
    $1 an item is cheap for my area! We have a few ladies that do this and make money - some even charge $2 an item if they have the proper press style. This is a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

xoxox my love. Other than what's suggested here, I have nothing else to suggest. If I were closer I would help you out with the boys. You know where we are if you need us xx