+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I feel like I'm drowning :-(

Oh how stressful and frustrating!!! I don't have much advice but I feel for you. I hope you can sort something out soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default help for you

Another great charity is The Brotherhood Of St. Lawrence. They offer assistance for families in various Australian locations.
    You may be elegible for a "no interest loan", which could help you pay the rego. on time. It is for low income and centrelink holders. I am not sure of the criteria. Google their web page, there are ph. numbers there, but in the event you can't afford to call, email: info@bsl.org.au

Another good organisation is The Smith Family.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default just another suggestion

another option is to contact your nearest salvation army community centre - this was from their web page...

Our network of community services centres nationally also provide limited practical assistance for low-income families and individuals who are struggling to make ends meet.
    To access support, contact your nearest community services centre and make an appointment. You will be assessed according to need and the resources available at the centre. Please be aware that demand for these services is much greater than our ability to respond.
    Community Services assistance may include:
    • Cash/ cheque
    • Food vouchers or parcels
    • Toys and food hampers at Christmas
    • Clothing, furniture and other household items
    • Accommodation
    • Housing costs
    • Electricity, gas, rates and other bills
    • Public transport fares
    • Medical and educational expenses
    Last edited by BH-tech; 12-01-2015 at 12:52. Reason: Link Removal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also just wanted to offer some hugs and support as the other hubbers have already covered most of what Id though of.
    Im in QLD but have heard of local churches helping families with food hampers, petrol, fruit and vegies, etc.
    I hope things improve for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs bunny - If you are single and on a pension (guessing you may be?) rego for your car is free. You still have to pay inspection and greenslip, but that might help...?
    Where in country nsw? (Roughly) there may also be local services that aren't covered by the larger organisations...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is so hard.

Re: the legal bill as you know we also owe lots to a lawyer. We have worked out a payment plan. So we pay of a bit each month. They should be open to that?

Can you push the sale of the house say it needs to be sold by X date or you will no longer pay half the repayments? He can't just stay there with you paying towards the repayments he either needs to buy you out or sell. Give him an end date.

With the greenslip could you ask to pay half one fortnight and half the next? Just an idea.

I am so sorry you are in this situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I wish I could kick your xH so he would pay the mortgage, sell the house and everything would be a squllion times better.

I have no advice, except for what has already been offered...but if you ever need to talk you know where I am....xxxx

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Cheerilee - I haven't been paying half te repayments on the house. The agreement was that he would pay them as he was going to buy me out. The price has been dropped as low as possible so that all costs are covered. Any lower and I'm losing money but I think it needs to happen regardless now as the stress is just too much.

I also can't make a payment arrangement with them as I just don't have the money. I've just worked out that after I pay a bit off my bills each fortnight, I'm left with $130 for food and if the kids need clothes or have an excursion or something for school, that has to come out of the $130 as well.

Thank you for the advice and links, I'll look in to them all :-)

It's a hard place to be in, realizing that you need charity.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

Have just spoken to the real estate agent selling the house. We're dropping the price $10k to try and sell the damn thing. The longer its on the market, the higher the mortgage is getting while XH isn't making the payments so its probably better to hedge our bets and drop the price to try and get a buyer.

That'll be one worry gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: I feel like I'm drowning :-(

Fingers crossed the right person sees it and decides to buy

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect