+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Baby Shower

Go for it... Baby shower, morning tea... Whatever you call it have one if you want to! I have several friends who have had "showers /celebrations" for subsequent children.

Like a PP said... It's only on Bubhub that ppl care about these things

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm planning on having a 2nd one, and most of my friends have so far.

It's only on here that I've seen people get all grinchy about them

I've never thought of them as present grabs (and I really dislike that phrase). Just a chance to celebrate with the girls. It's a happy event!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Shower

Oh ok. I only said that because people are scared they will be seen as gift grabbing so saying no gifts fixes that and close friends etc will buy something anyone..
    Just saved the whole looking like a gift grabber thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

I say go for it... Babies are such a great reason to celebrate and for all trouble people go to to get pregnant and all of the heartaches people have to experience why wouldn't you want to buy a little gift for a precious munchkin... Sure they might already have all the hand me downs they could need but what's so bad about a couple of new items that are all there's. both of my friends have babies and if they were to have another one I would through them another shower, life is a miracle and I would want people to share in their excitement, those people who see it as gift grabbing are entitled to their opinion but perhaps they are more focused on money they would have to spend rather than the precious life about to come into the world. just my opinion but most people don't have babies to get presents

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NellyS For This Useful Post:

winterbaby  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having one for my third but never had one for the other two. It'll j st b nice to c my friend before life turns upside down again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bestie is throwing one for my 2nd. I was a bit concerned people would think it a bit 'grabby' and indeed I have had 2 friends comment on it. I just said 'Yeah so and so just planned it so I didn't have a choice, but will be nice to catch up with everyone before baby 2 arrives', which is totally the truth!

I'm comming around to the idea, and it will be better then my first, no dh's family causing drama and stress

Each to their own, I'd never think badly of anyone else for having a shower for their second + children.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

What about a baby shower for bub 3 if it will be about 3 yr gap from the youngest and 5 for oldest I hardly have anything anymore as we didn't think we would have any more? I need lots but I feel like if I have a baby shower it would be kinda wrong I'd rather just have a get together before my life gets hectic lol what does anyone think do or don't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Baby Shower

Quote Originally Posted by chan87 View Post
    What about a baby shower for bub 3 if it will be about 3 yr gap from the youngest and 5 for oldest I hardly have anything anymore as we didn't think we would have any more? I need lots but I feel like if I have a baby shower it would be kinda wrong I'd rather just have a get together before my life gets hectic lol what does anyone think do or don't?
    I'd do it. I see baby showers as a celebration of a baby coming - no negative connotations. It's a shame people are being made to feel worried about what others might think.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using BubHub