+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has had 2 or more kids and you have had a baby shower for each? I am currently pregnant with my second and not sure if I should have one my mum thinks you don't but thought I would get other people's opinion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Generally no, you only have a baby w
    Shower for the first. Some people see it as being a present grab and in poor taste
    But if it's been a significant time I between kids sometimes it's ok. Most of my friends have a small morning tea with only some family and very close friends. Generally the people that would buy you a present anyway for their second

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Baby Shower

Well, I had a baby shower with my first born 2004, and my friends have insisted on throwing me another one this weekend. But there's 8.5years between children, and they have different dads.

I have a friend with 5 kids, she had one for her first child, then I threw her one for her 4th and 5th children as they were twins!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby Shower

I don't see a problem with it, I have a small group of close friends & family who would be buying gifts for bub anyway so why not do it over a morning tea kind of event

But in saying that I haven't had a baby shower, thinking I might this time around

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think it's unreasonable to have a baby shower for your second. It's celebrating the fact that you're having a bub that's important I think.
    I actually organised a baby shower for my best friend's second as she thought the same thing, that people would think she was being 'grabby'.

I don't see a problem with having a tea party or even a bbq with friends as a celebratory event for subsequent children. I think the only people who really are concerned that someone is being grabby in that instance are people who think that the point of a shower is to be given gifts. In my books that's not the case, it's simply having family and close friends around celebrating the fact that you're bringing another life into the world .

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

I don't personally like the idea of more than one baby shower. But if you have something little and maybe limit gift giving then that would be ok. I wouldn't want to buy another exxy baby shower present for someone who has most baby stuff to begin with, then again at the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

I had one with my first, I had a welcome to the world at 6wks after he was born with my second and with this one will be having a baby shower as one of my friends wants to do one and these will be #3 & #4 (twins)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Shower

I don't tend to like the idea of more then 1 baby shower unless there is a really large gap. I think if you have a circle of close friends they would love to meet bub once born and bring gifts then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't going to have one for dd2 as I didn't want ppl to think it was a pressie grab. But my mum and friends insisted they said they would buy dd2 a gift anyway so this way we have an excuse for a girls catch up. I just wanted ppl to get me a card so I could keep but ppl still brought gifts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had the one for the first child and that's it. I do see it as a pressie grab but that's me.