+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Moving house. Changing hospitals?

I had my last child at Werribee and they were fantastic. DP also got to stay the night with us which was great.

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump!

If you are booked into a public hospital and then move house whilst you are pregnant to a suburb that falls out of the designated catchment area...will they transfer you to a hospital closer to where you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    Bump!

If you are booked into a public hospital and then move house whilst you are pregnant to a suburb that falls out of the designated catchment area...will they transfer you to a hospital closer to where you live?
    I think it depends how far along you are and the hospital I think. I moved at 32 weeks in pregnancy #2 and 38 week in #3 and I wasnt made to change hospitals.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

missmizchelle  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I think it depends how far along you are and the hospital I think. I moved at 32 weeks in pregnancy #2 and 38 week in #3 and I wasnt made to change hospitals.
    oh awesome! I'm not even pregnant yet but when I am hoping to be there will be possibility of us moving. Would love to have 2nd bub at the same hospital as my first....will look into it more when the time comes but was just curious as to other mums experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yoy could always just not tell them you've moved until you're further along. A friend of mine waited til she was in labour to tell them she'd move, just in case they tried to make her change hospitals.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yoy could always just not tell them you've moved until you're further along. A friend of mine waited til she was in labour to tell them she'd move, just in case they tried to make her change hospitals.
    aaaah...I gotcha, smart thinking! What about follow up care? I suppose they will just have to come out. We aren't looking at moving that far away...like to the other side of town or anything. Probably 20-30 mins away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    aaaah...I gotcha, smart thinking! What about follow up care? I suppose they will just have to come out. We aren't looking at moving that far away...like to the other side of town or anything. Probably 20-30 mins away?
    Unfortunately follow up care isnt possible if you're outside the zone, I was unable to have a midwife come to my house after discharge, I had to go see my GP and CHN instead. I was willing to forgo the follow up care because I desperately didnt want to go to the hospital in my zone as I suffered severe birth trauma there with the birth of DS2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately follow up care isnt possible if you're outside the zone, I was unable to have a midwife come to my house after discharge, I had to go see my GP and CHN instead. I was willing to forgo the follow up care because I desperately didnt want to go to the hospital in my zone as I suffered severe birth trauma there with the birth of DS2
    ah ok...good to know