+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bacchus Marsh
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Moving house. Changing hospitals?

    I had my last child at Werribee and they were fantastic. DP also got to stay the night with us which was great.

    Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0
    Bump!

    If you are booked into a public hospital and then move house whilst you are pregnant to a suburb that falls out of the designated catchment area...will they transfer you to a hospital closer to where you live?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,053
    Thanks
    6,263
    Thanked
    5,481
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    Bump!

    If you are booked into a public hospital and then move house whilst you are pregnant to a suburb that falls out of the designated catchment area...will they transfer you to a hospital closer to where you live?
    I think it depends how far along you are and the hospital I think. I moved at 32 weeks in pregnancy #2 and 38 week in #3 and I wasnt made to change hospitals.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

    missmizchelle  (26-11-2014)

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I think it depends how far along you are and the hospital I think. I moved at 32 weeks in pregnancy #2 and 38 week in #3 and I wasnt made to change hospitals.
    oh awesome! I'm not even pregnant yet but when I am hoping to be there will be possibility of us moving. Would love to have 2nd bub at the same hospital as my first....will look into it more when the time comes but was just curious as to other mums experiences

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,053
    Thanks
    6,263
    Thanked
    5,481
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yoy could always just not tell them you've moved until you're further along. A friend of mine waited til she was in labour to tell them she'd move, just in case they tried to make her change hospitals.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

    missmizchelle  (26-11-2014)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Yoy could always just not tell them you've moved until you're further along. A friend of mine waited til she was in labour to tell them she'd move, just in case they tried to make her change hospitals.
    aaaah...I gotcha, smart thinking! What about follow up care? I suppose they will just have to come out. We aren't looking at moving that far away...like to the other side of town or anything. Probably 20-30 mins away?

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,053
    Thanks
    6,263
    Thanked
    5,481
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    aaaah...I gotcha, smart thinking! What about follow up care? I suppose they will just have to come out. We aren't looking at moving that far away...like to the other side of town or anything. Probably 20-30 mins away?
    Unfortunately follow up care isnt possible if you're outside the zone, I was unable to have a midwife come to my house after discharge, I had to go see my GP and CHN instead. I was willing to forgo the follow up care because I desperately didnt want to go to the hospital in my zone as I suffered severe birth trauma there with the birth of DS2

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

    missmizchelle  (26-11-2014)

  11. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Unfortunately follow up care isnt possible if you're outside the zone, I was unable to have a midwife come to my house after discharge, I had to go see my GP and CHN instead. I was willing to forgo the follow up care because I desperately didnt want to go to the hospital in my zone as I suffered severe birth trauma there with the birth of DS2
    ah ok...good to know


 

Similar Threads

  1. Changing Hospitals
    By mummyz in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 17:47
  2. Moving house
    By Abi&Beth in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-07-2012, 20:56
  3. Moving interstate & Changing OB third trimester?
    By Miss Salty in forum Private Health Insurance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 20:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!