+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

Has anyone used these from NZ? I'm thinking about buying the birth to potty pack for our first bub but curious to know what others think. Cheers!

realnappies {link removed by Moderator}
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 15-01-2013 at 08:01. Reason: Please do not link to mcn stores/sites :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried them briefly but preferred the peapods style. I found the real nappies quite bulky. I also liked to rotate with disposables (probably defeats the purpose of re-useables) but I don't like the idea of a wet cloth against my sons skin for any amount of time.

{link removed by Moderator}
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 15-01-2013 at 08:04. Reason: Please do not link to mcn stores/sites

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NZtoWA For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!

They (Real Nappies) sell a trial pack, which includes one cover ("snug wrap"), a cloth prefold nappy/insert and a bamboo liner plus a helpful DVD & leaflet. (google 'real nappies intro pack')

I bought an intro pack before my bub was born and liked the look of the system so got some more but still not a whole birth-potty pack.

RN is a good simple system BUT try this experiment with the nappies you buy if you are at all concerned about breath-ability as I was... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpCcUznbaI

When I did this experiment I found out that Huggies are MORE breathable than Real Nappies Snug Wraps!

I have a photo of my experiment in my reply to this thread: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...py-rash!/page2
    Last edited by debsch; 15-01-2013 at 20:50.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

I have the birth to potty pack, I got it on special at an expo. I had problems with bub having a BAD rash for weeks, finally figured it was due to my laundry liquid. I wash them with no detergent now. There's a thread on here somewhere under nappy topics I posted when I was having the troubles if u want to read. Overall now I really like them and find them very easy to wash and dry as they are flats, I don't know how I'd manage with some of those AIOs. They seem like they'd take ages to dry

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

There's the link under debs post actually

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

I did see your thread before thanks!

I am looking at some of the AOI ones as well- so hard to decided!

RN appeals to me for all the reasons you mentioned though. I might possibly just buy the newborn pack to see how I go... I like the idea of tw birth to potty pack- but what if I hate it or bubs hates it? LoL just a another decision I feel so unqualified to make :P

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

Yes I was scared to spend so much without trialling too. But honestly they are fine, we don't have anymore blowouts than what a disposable could contain anyway and they really are great to dry quickly. Perhaps if you are going to get a trial pack see if there's one in crawler size. My DD was born 7.1pound, so not a huge bub and she grew out of the newborns very quickly. She's almost 4 months and still in crawlers. Not for much longer but they definitely lasted longer than the newborn size. I got the b2p pack for 480 and it's usually 600

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Real Nappies?

Oops should have said infant size not crawler*