+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are a family of 5 - 2 adults (DH is FIFO and is on and 8/6 roster) and a 6yo, 4yo and 2yo. I just did up a budget for this year and have allowed myself $50/week for a large fruit/veg box delivered and $150/fortnight for the other shopping. I shop at Aldi and I think their meat prices are fairly reasonable but I do want to check out the butcher too and see what their prices are like.
    I normally do a weekly shop but have decided to do a fortnightly shop so I can shop on payday and also I found we were spending too much doing a weekly shop with the impulse buying. Very hard doing up a fortnightly menu plan though - argh!! I'll keep at it though

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

I usually spend $200 a fortnight, that's not including nappies which I get whenever I run out. That's for 2 adults and a 5 year old and 19 month old. It will probably go up a bit nice bub is here having 2 in nappies and mayby formula if bf doesn't work out. I usually spend more between for milk, bread and fruit which we have been eating alot of lately.

Sent from my LT26i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spend an average off 125$ a week for hubby and me.i think that's too much....as a friend spends any 150 a fortnight but she gets her meats From her dads farm.i.ve cut down junk and sweets but still no major differences.i find shopping on line at Coles so hard.next option I want to try out is shopping for veg at Asian groceries,meats from butcher and see how that goes.sometimes shopping at Coles is easy if u work full time like me.i like to keep my Sundays free so I try shop on a Friday or my day off but that makes it harder as I have rely on hubby for the car as I don't have a car yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

We are trying to get under $350 a fortnight, but I'm finding it challenging. (baby part time in nappies part time cloth)

We dont buy junk, but I like to get dried fruit and nuts, and loads of fruit for my kiddies because at least they eat fruit.

I shop aldi, woollies, and a local fruit shop all in one day to get the best value I can.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not including pet food, our groceries cost between $120 & $160 each week. We also buy a bulk load of meat from a butcher, divide it up, freeze it so that it will last us about a month - costs about $100.

Not looking forward to the added expenses of nappies & baby things later in the year though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Around $300 a week. 5 children and one in nappies/formula.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

Between $70-$100 per week. There is only dd and I. I'm a vegan, so that substantially cuts down our food bill. I cook everything from scratch. If we get take out its usually Indian or sushi, which are both very cheap in our area. Dd is in cloth nappies and eats at her Nana and Poppy's one day per week and at her dads another day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi do you mind telling me where aldi is. Im new here and only know Cole's and woollys.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoaussie View Post
    Hi do you mind telling me where aldi is. Im new here and only know Cole's and woollys.

What suburb do you live in? Not all suburbs / smaller towns have them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoaussie View Post

We don't have aldi in WA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Beachside Mumma For This Useful Post:

Newtoaussie  (21-01-2013)