+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

Hi

I'm just curious to see what people spend on their weekly shop..

Theres me,bDH & DD who is 4 mths old so it's just formula & nappies for her..

We spend anywhere from 150(when I shop online) to 280-300 was our most expensive..

I don't buy minerals, alcohol or sweets..it's mostly vegetables, toiletries, meat & the basics

I should mention i shop in woolworths..does anyone find them expensive?

I have found groceries expensive as im only living in Australia a year.

Has anyone any tips for grocery shopping or where is the best place to
    buy groceries..

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

We just went and did our shopping last thursday. Came to $520 something odd. Thats for 2 adults and 2 kids(4 next month and a 5yr old). We shop at woolies and i always get the necessities yet the other person who lives with me buys a heap of expensive crap we dont need such as flavoured milk when he have flavouring already at home etc.

I have found woolies has got expensive over the last year but then again i was only shopping for myself, a friend and DS and it would average $300ish a fortnight and that was everything we needed. Obviously i have no tips really. I always look out for specials though. I only buy one brand of washing liquid and its normally $15. When its on sale for half price, i usually grab a heap. Havent actually had to buy any for about 5mths coz i went stupid crazy and bought about 20 bottles last time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

On average I spend $150 for the 4 of us a week (DH, 2yoDS, 4yoDS and myself). I shop at Coles mostly but do sometimes shop at woolworths (which I find a bit more expensive) I also just buy fruit, veg, meat, cleaning products etc. with a couple of snacks for the kids and DH.
    I do find going to a fruit and veg shop and then to the supermarket a little bit cheaper depending on seasons. Also bulk buying at the butchers does save is some money but I can never be bothered.
    I try to meal plan not day to day but at least work out what I will be making through the week. It saves stopping at the supermarket daily and buying things I don't really need.
    I'd like to cut my grocery bill down but don't think I will be able to. I think it also depends on what brands you buy. Some people swear by Aldi but I don't think it's "that" much cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

$100 a week max.

Thanks
    Reviews

For dh dd and myself between $80-$100 a week for everything

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    starting this week my budget will be $200.00 to $215.00 for 2 adults & 2 kids(1 in night nappies) & ( 1 teenager occasionally) and 1 small dog I can not afford to spend anymore.

I plan on making everything I can from scratch, buying cheaper brands, buying in bulk when I can, limiting meat portions only a few treats eg ice cream & cola and looking at all the specials (I have coles, woolworths & iga in same building)

That's a fortnight too
    Last edited by bunkx; 14-01-2013 at 19:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend approximately $200 a week inc delivery. This includes flavoured milk and junk DH likes, plus nappies, fresh fruit, veg and meat and a bottle of wine or 2 for me. I tend to buy in bulk so alternate eg 20 toilet rolls so the next week or so i don't need to buy more. Plus shop the specials and get things that havent run out yet but will keep. I use coles online.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

About $200 each week at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: What do you spend on your food shopping each week?

Between 180-200 a week at Coles for DH, Me and DS who is 16 months. That is us cutting down on everything if we cut down anymore we would be taking food from our mouths. Oh and no Aldi here just coles or woolies.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 14-01-2013 at 19:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have NFI, i seem to run out of something every second day. I'd say 150-200? I dont really keep track of it. Some weeks in the past i have had $50 to spend for a fortnight, so I enjoy the freedom of being able to buy fresh bread, milk, fruit, veg etc. when I want it.

I do wish i was organised enough that i could get away with not going so often, because I do spend too much on impulse