+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Minimum weekly expenses?

Hi

Out of curiosity & because I think I'm doing something wrong $ wise, what's your bare minimum weekly expenses?

Mine is 1250. This includes rent, CS, food, fuel, phi, utilities, home phone, mobile, Internet, foxtel, life insurances, car & contents insurance, catholic school fees & car repayment.

I just find it depressing, surely I'm not the only one feeling this way

Thanks
    Reviews
    We end up spending about that with living expenses, no school fees for us but we too have Internet foxtel private health insurance 2 cars mortgage... the only way to reduce it is to cut on luxuries like foxtel and mobiles, I did the math per yearly expenses... I hate knowing foxtel costs me nearly $1500!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Things lite catholic school fees and foxtel will help boost it up compared to some others.

mine includes
    rentfood
    Elec/gas
    mobile
    childcare
    PHI
    home and contents insurance
    Car rego
    Car Service and insurance
    Fuel
    travel
    homeph/net

Comes out to about the same figure as you, but fortnightly

I'm also a family of Me and DS only. I have no additional life insurance outside of super (but no real assets either)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that's pretty good, mine are $1,112.50. That's for just me and DD. Includes mortgage, car loan, phi, food, petrol, incidentals, gas, elec, water, rates, car insurance, home and contents insurance, mobile, internet, foxtel, cleaning lady, car servicing, rego, regular charity donations. Doesn't include stuff for DD like after care, school fees, school uniform, swimming lessons etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would feel sick if I added it all up, and I don't even have foxtel, CS, car repayments, priv school fees or mobile phone expenses :\

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I just find it very scary considering it doesn't include birthdays, Xmas, medication, haircuts, car servicing or tyres, and most importantly SAVINGS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Minimum weekly expenses?

Ours is approx $850 a week...

That's:
    Rent
    Loan repayment
    Fuel
    Groceries
    Phone/internet/mobile bundle
    Electricity
    Gas
    Car insurance
    Contents insurance
    Swimming lessons x 2 kids

We don't have daycare or private school fees, we disconnected foxtel cos we didn't watch it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't even know how to budget to write it down :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (19-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Monnie- write down all the categories everyone else mentions then write down your figures in what ever frequency they come in.

Then multiple to bring it up to the year (*26 for fnight, *12 for monthly etc). Once you have your annual figure for it all divide by 26 for your fortnightly expenses or 52 for your weekly.

I used to have the allocated amount go straight into one account for bills, and the rest into a savings/other account for unexpected and savings. Worked fantastic.

Now I have my scruge patterns down pat I have it all go in and shuffle based on interest rates lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your expenses are less than mine and DP's per week so you must be doing something right. Doing a quick calculation, we're in the vicinity of about $1800 per week.

But tbh we are both on high incomes and no kiddies just yet (not for lack of trying!) - so that amount is working for us at the moment.