+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Night time toilet training

Dd is 5 (+7mths) and is still wetting the bed at night. I have had her in night time nappies but they were becoming drier at night so I thought I'd do with out them and she was keen to wear undies so she hasn't had nappies at night since October but I'm so sick if the bed wetting. Obviously I don't make her feel bad etc but any advice as to what I can do. I'm not sure i want to put her back into night nappies feels like a step back and like I'm saying you failed wear nappies again plus they are not cheap.

When will she ever have dry nights?! She has been toilet trained during the day since about 2 and a half and it felt effortless compared to this. I guess because they have no control over their bladder while asleep it's a different story.

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you tryed stopping drinks a hour before bed, that worked for us and I actually thought it would be really hard because from a young age he constantly woke up looking for drinks and we always gave them too him but it actually worked out fine if he wakes up we will give him a little sip once only and if he asks again we will tell him that he will wet the bed we also wake him 2/3 times a night too do a pee... I hope this is of some help for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Night time toilet training

My sister would take her daughter to the bathroom every 2 hours gor a weekend at night both her kids were potty trained at 3 years old

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, we're in a similar boat OP. We've been waking him up once a night to use the toilet for months now, but unless we wake him up he wets the bed. He's such a deep sleeper, I just dont think he knows to get up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I forgot to say I try to take her to the toilet a few hours after she fell asleep but it just seems like 5 out of 7 nights she wets the bed. And soon I won't be able to take her to the toilet unless I set me my alarm as I need to sleep earlier as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

subbing...

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

subbing. same prob with ds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar problem with DD, she just doesn't wake up to go to the toilet. She usually lasts if I get her up and take her to the toilet just before I go to bed, but not always.

I have changing her bed down to an art form - I have multiple waterproof mattress protectors and can get it done in a few minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm facing the same issue as well. DD1 turned 6 in October, and is still not night trained. When she turned 5, I tried to toilet train her every night for nearly a year, but gave up when I had to return to studying. It was a nightmare-waking her up multiple times, the washing and the smell ! She's back in junior nappies now, and I'm thinking of trying again soon. Only thing is, DD2 loves to sleep with her...