+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 38+ pregnant and asked to babysit?

Good glad you had a lovely day

Thanks
    Reviews

I pick him up tomorrow morning. He was due home last Thursday but thanks to cyclone narelle they had to run which made crew change late! I had been panicking a little bit convinced I was going to go into labor! Can't wait tho. This heat isn't fun while pregnant. I feel like a sweaty overweight old man haha.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Offshorewife View Post
    Well I would like to let you ladies know I didn't babysit. Instead my daughter, the dog and I headed down to the beach had a great splash and watched the ship come in.

Was lovely to de stress and enjoy the last day I have alone with my beautiful daughter before she is no longer number one! ( hubby is home tomorrow morning) yay
    Sounds like a great day

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad you had a good day at the beach and very happy that bubs has stayed put til Daddy's ship got home. Hopefully you get a good nights sleep and enjoy time with hubby before bubs arrives . Oh and guilt trip your MIL next time! The nerve to suggest a full term pregnant woman babysits. She should be ringing you daily to offer YOU help especially with your dh away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just say NO! Don't give her a reason, Or not available if you can't say no, You don't have to give any reason at all. I used to explain myself too much and do too much for others. I agree I think it's rude of her to ask but perhaps she doesn't feel she has any other option. I don't even have any other kids, pregnant with my first at 37 weeks and wouldn't be able to look after any kids now, it's a struggle to still work. Only two weeks of work for me. Thank god!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The good old docs appoint works well for me when I have that happen .... Lol then if they ask you later you can always say either it was rescheduled or just go somewhere for a coffe etc just I case they call passed ( that happeneds to me once lol she drove passed then rang 'hey I saw your car are you home' I was dressed etc and said I'm just running out the door the docs running late I could hear her kids screaming in the back seat ad DD was at daycare lol I flew to the door jumped in my car And drove to the shop where my doc office is just in case she followed lol there is a coffee shop next door so I poped in there and sat at the back and relaxed for a while lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by angelis13 View Post
    The good old docs appoint works well for me when I have that happen .... Lol then if they ask you later you can always say either it was rescheduled or just go somewhere for a coffe etc just I case they call passed ( that happeneds to me once lol she drove passed then rang 'hey I saw your car are you home' I was dressed etc and said I'm just running out the door the docs running late I could hear her kids screaming in the back seat ad DD was at daycare lol I flew to the door jumped in my car And drove to the shop where my doc office is just in case she followed lol there is a coffee shop next door so I poped in there and sat at the back and relaxed for a while lol
    Yeh but that is just crazy to have to construct such an elaborate lie! 'Sorry I'm busy' should be more than good enough, or just don't answer your phone/door!