+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your dh is coming home ... you are busy! Heck you are 38 weeks pregnant, you could have bubs at any time, the last thing you want is your waters to break when you're babysitting as well! Say no! All the best for the return of your dh & the arrival of bubs !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 38+ pregnant and asked to babysit?

What a joke. Just had MIL call me and try to guilt trip me. Even said what goes around comes around. It's only for an hour surely you could?

I asked what the reason was ( did she have a counselling appt) but no it's just for a antenatal appointment.

I take my Kid to my appointments because I have no other options. ( at the same hospital and i gave had heart complications) And I definitely don't ask a heavily pregnant woman to watch my kids then get my mother to try and guilt trip them! Bloody pathetic. Rant over

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and she also said " oh she will have to tell the doctor she has no support."

NOT MY PROBLEM. Why da f are you having another child if you cannot handle the ones you have. Oh god this does my head in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No way ! Your 38 weeks ! That's crazy. Just say your feeling run down and you just want to spend some special time alone with your child as you won't get that in the future as baby is coming soon . You need to rest not look after 3 boys

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

miztrezz  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a reative who did same. Then she gt preggers again so had her kids daily fr months( 3 off daily). When I was pregnant fine for me to watch hers . But when she was...wow. She was pregnant how could I understand . Years later still look after hers and never a returned favour. I swear if I had another I would be 41 weeks watching hers ( happened last time). Take time for yourself and your soon to be bub. People who use you like this will keep doing it forever. I know it is hard but tell her where to go and do it now....heck you can claim preg hormones even though it is from your heart.
    Dont be used or guilted, she has 3 kids that is her problem ( I have 3 and have rarely asked anyone besides grand parents occasionally ).
    enjoy your last weeks before baby and don't bother yourself with her, say no and relax.
    Best of luck with bub, can't wait to hear about your beautiful baby xxxx

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: 38+ pregnant and asked to babysit?

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I could think of nothing worse that putting up with someone else's little turds and I'm not even pregnant. I think she's either daft or selfish to ask that of you.

I agree with pp: say it will be you last chance to do XYZ before bub comes.
    I have nothing to add but....

We can say turd?!?
    That is all. Carry on. Don't babysit, bugger that.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

mamamel89  (14-01-2013),singlemumma82  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Why can't your MIL looks after the turds?

I'm 37 weeks and there is no way I'm looking after anybody else's little turds, I'm barely looking after my own!

I take my children everywhere with me because, oh that's right, they're my children.

Yay, for your hubby coming home and good luck with your new addition.

Thanks
    Reviews

MIL at work.

So frustrating when they try to guilt trip me. But I am definitely not babysitting. Especially considering last week when she put it on me and I reluctantly agreed. Only to be mocked around and waiting half the Morning for her to show up.

Wish some parents would stop babysitting their adult children and let them deal with their own problems in life. She seriously need a reality check.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Lol needed to get that off my chest!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorewife For This Useful Post:

angelis13  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op

The thing that I immediately thought of is labour! 38 weeks is term and it could be any moment now! Is she expecting you to take them to the hospital with you?.......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

miztrezz  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm glad you aren't going to babysit even with them trying to manipulate you. I'd be telling her to jam it too!