+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Very normal

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I normal?

Totally normal, I hated when people would say 'oh my man only has to look at me & I'm pregnant'.

So Not what you need to hear

Keep your chin up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very normal! When we were ttc dd1 it took months and my brother and his gf fell pregnant without even trying. I couldn't even congratulate them. I cried and cried, 4 months later I fell pregnant with dd1 then was fine. With dd2 sil (dh sister) was saying that hopefully we can be pregnant at the same time and had been trying for a while. DH and I just decided to see what happens 2 weeks later utd. I felt incredibly guilty. As I remembered how I felt.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I normal?

So normal. We tried for three years for our now 3 week old. I knew of about 30 babies born in that time. Some ppl had two in the time we wanted one. I found it helpful to confide in a couple of ppl how I felt and just vent to them...but it was really hard.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I normal?

Definitely! Took us years to conceive the girls & I reached the point where I couldn't even walk down the baby aisle of the supermarket without having a meltdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely normal! I am loving reading everyone's comments as I am thinking "that is totally me" ahhh.... it's so hard! So far in our TTC journey we have had 1 friend announce they are UTD - I am so glad they live interstate because I don't think I could be around them right now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I normal?

One of my closest friends took 18 months with her first then decided we would try together this time, then bam straight away she got pregnant and now she is over 6 month mark I'm finding it hard to spend time with her as it upsets me. Not that I'm not happy for her (she deserves it after her first long wait) but just really wanted to go thought it with her and get so emotional

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I normal?

So normal!! I think part of the trouble is that people are possibly more likely to mention that it happened quickly than if they were trying for the more 'normal' duration of up to a year. Few people let others know when they are ttc, in my experience anyway.

We took 2.5yrs and a miscarriage for me to get to my current 39 weeks pregnancy. We went into it expecting it to happen quickly and only later learnt that doctors aren't even interested until you have been ttc for a year.

It's so hard to not be disappointed when it doesn't happen immediately. It's such an exciting and momentous decision to try for a baby, and it's easy to become consumed by this. Try to keep focusing on other things in your life and have other interests and goals on the go!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Sophisto  (25-06-2013)