+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relationships with a new partner

Just wondering how often you see each other?

Obviously it would vary a great deal depending on if you work/how many kids you both have and how often you both have them but I'm just curious.

I'm currently not working but my partner works full time whilst having his kids 50% of the time, we are really only seeing each other one night during the week and one night on the weekend.

I am finding it hard as I really miss him inbetween, and moving in together will be a long way off as we have 6 kids between us (we have only been together for 9 months) and its not something I want to rush into.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My partner and I have been together almost 18 months and see eachother about every second weekend or so. We live 500kms apart though.

I don't understand why you're only seeing eachother one night through the week and one night on the weekend. What does he do with his time when he doesn't have his kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh that would be hard Hugsbunny, are you all good and accepting of it or do you go through times when you miss him a lot?

My partner has his children 4 nights per week, sometimes (rarely) I see him the other night he doesn't have his kids but he needs time to get his housework and other jobs done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So you never see him when he has his kids? I can understand that to some extent as I had a '12 month rule' where I didn't introduce anyone new into the kids' lives until I had been seeing them for at least 12 months.

The long distance thing can be hard but we are in constant contact via text and talk online most nights. The plan is for him to move here but he can't get work in his particular industry here in this town so he's currently retraining at Uni.

I hate the distance, but I love him so we make it work. He's brilliant with my boys too He introduced my eldest to a building game on the computer and they're able to play together online and build stuff together :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Relationships with a new partner

I think that nine months is a long time to have never seen each others children (if I have interpreted this correct). What if you have out in all the time and energy only to find out that somehow the kids are a deal breaker for either of you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have met his children and vice versa but it's not a regular thing. That's not a huge big deal at this stage as we have our children at different times, my children are very young so during the week we don't get the kids together as my kids go to bed early, weekends my ex has them most of the time, so it's really only school holidays we catch up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The point of this post I guess is to gauge what other people do when in newish relationships when both are single parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner doesn't have kids so I can't speak from experience.

My XH and his new gf though see eachother ALL THE TIME and she has full custody of her kids and he has our kids every second weekend. They have been together maybe just over 6 months? Our kids are 7 and 3, hers are I think 6 and 4.

Whenever I don't have my kids, I'm with my partner - either at his house or here. When I do have my kids, he might be here with me except when he's at work. He's just spent a month on holidays and when the kids were with me, so was he. When the kids go to their father's house, I go to my partners place. If we lived in the same town, we would see eachother every day.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 13-01-2013 at 19:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hugsbunny, things sound really promising for your relationship and good that you are in constant contact via text

I have been in a relationship previously my partner had his kids ever 2nd weekend so we saw each other most nights but the logisitics in my current relationship dont enable that with how often we both have our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Siboo View Post
    I have been in a relationship previously my partner had his kids ever 2nd weekend so we saw each other most nights but the logisitics in my current relationship dont enable that with how often we both have our kids.
    I hope you can sort something out Hun. It sucks not seeing them as often as you'd like.