+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When I grow up....

I'm 32 and don't know what I want to be/do! I have a uni degree and have worked in my career for 10yrs but I don't love it. It doesn't feel meaningful now and I'm considering my options for a career change.

I think I do feel like a grown-up though, in fact lately I have been silently freaking out that I'm getting too old for these sorts of changes lol! I think because I have travelled a lot and lived overseas, bought property etc, got married and had DD - I feel like I've had a pretty full and happy life so far!

Having a child has made me reassess though, and it is the key driver for me wanting to achieve a bit more and do something more meaningful - so DD looks to me and sees someone valuable and accomplished, so she has a good role model, if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really have no idea, it keeps changing for me right now id like to be a midwife eventually but the study that comes with the nursing diplomas and degrees would take away more time from my kids then i would be comfortable with.
    Also im at the stage were i need to decide if i want more kids or not or if im ready to move on from the baby days.
    right now i teach swimming which is good hours wise. realistically my DH is always going to have the dominate job being a high powered exec so i need to be the one that is going to be home for my kids and able to pick them up from schools and take them places because he will always be working or travelling.
    i do dream alot about being something incredible when i grow up but the reality is its not practical for me right now. Im 25 so maybe when im in my 30's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow so many people who are unsure. I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one!

Thanks
    Reviews

I went all through most of my 20s not really having a clue. I tried different things, even went to uni to get a "proper job".

It wasn't until I started seriously going to the gym and getting more into my health that I realised I'd love to be a PT. I ended up taking the plunge, did my course (loved it!) and now I'm a personal trainer and I'm also just about to recommence nutrition studies.

Funny how life turns out sometimes! If you'd told me 5 years ago I'd be so passionate about being a PT I'd have laughed!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm 26, I've done my studies and looking for work. But I'm not sure what I'd like to do when I grow up. My mind keeps changing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

I'm turning 31 this year and still find myself thinking " when I grow up" !! Scares the crap out of me when I see what I have achieved compared to what I want to. Eeek better revise that bucket list!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm ancient to you guys, I guess (in fact, I've got heaps of ex-students older than most of you so I must be!).

But I think I just grew up suddenly recently because my elder daughter did! Well, she thinks she has at 17, anyway. I've realised that I can't wear a bikini anymore or play my music too loud or throw stupid tantrums - and lots of other stuff - because she wants to and I'm turning into my mother! It's really quite scary.

Seriously, though, as a HS teacher, you get to be young forever if you want to be. I get to play Top 40 music (or cool youtube clips they may have missed) in my English classes, show off the latest Apps on my phone or on the class iPad set in Maths, or text students when they're late for excursions. All stuff that my more boring teachers would never have done. I thought that I could stay young forever - then last year we had a big changeover of staff and I'm suddenly one of the oldest and scare the new young teachers (and myself!). It's really very difficult to adjust to.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: When I grow up....

I did study admin while pg to no. 3

thinking of cert 4 bookkeeping.. dnt know if that'll make me feel more grown up though! But I'm still glad I had kids young. I can see the plus's to both ways.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub