+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When I grow up....

I'm 27, Im 28 this month. I have spent most of my 20s as a mum and I have felt like Ive been waiting for my life to start.
    I feel like its begun. I've never studied and only worked in retail and hospitality, I have 3 kids, 7 years, 1 year and 6 weeks.

Are you the same? Do you still not
    Know what you wanna be when you grow up? Or do you know and what is it?
    Last edited by Harliben; 13-01-2013 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea, and im older than you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I never studied, I left school during year 12 to become a retail manager, was engaged at 19, pregnant at 20, married and gave birth at 21.

I have two beautiful babies now and I feel like that is what I was meant to do I am very lucky that I do not 'need' to work as my DH works his butt off for us. I do work from home though so that I can know that I am contributing and doing something that is just me.

I always wanted to be a lawyer while I was in school but left to help support my family. I have no idea or plan of what to do once my children a grown, I'm truly think I could be happy without a 'career' though, as silly as that sounds, I think I will always be busy with my kids (and hopefully grand kids) no matter how old they get

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: When I grow up....

Almost the same as you, op. I'm 27, have spent all of my 20's raising the kids, have only ever worked in fast food and retail.
    I started studying last year but still have no idea what i want to do with my life. I'm studying in a completely different industry this year although i don't know if it's an industry i really want to/could work in.
    I feel so lost and still have no idea what i want to do with my life. I don't think i'll ever know.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think I'm starting my adult life now, tbh.

I'm 26, have a 7-year-old... but last year, I learnt to drive, studied, got lots of new friends and a job. I feel like my life is just beginning... after falling pregnant at 18, Mum at 19... there wasn't really much going on there for me as an individual... I was just someone's mother.

I feel like I'm beginning to become an actual adult now. lol.

ETA - What I "want to be," doesn't really bother me anymore. I don't really want to be anything. There are things I certainly DON'T want to be, but I mostly just want to make enough money to do the things I want to do without too much issue. Like travel, buy pretty dresses and let me daughter do extra-curricular stuff. That's really about it, in regards to what I want to do. I'm working as a Spa/Beauty Therapist in a day spa at the moment, and am happy to do that for quite a while. It's no dream job... but I enjoy it enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 30, finished my family, my youngest is starting school this year, I'm 3/4 of my way through a uni degree, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! It's very frustrating. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    I never studied, I left school during year 12 to become a retail manager, was engaged at 19, pregnant at 20, married and gave birth at 21.

I have two beautiful babies now and I feel like that is what I was meant to do I am very lucky that I do not 'need' to work as my DH works his butt off for us. I do work from home though so that I can know that I am contributing and doing something that is just me.

I always wanted to be a lawyer while I was in school but left to help support my family. I have no idea or plan of what to do once my children a grown, I'm truly think I could be happy without a 'career' though, as silly as that sounds, I think I will always be busy with my kids (and hopefully grand kids) no matter how old they get
    Do you plan to travel when the kids are grown Up?

I like you think I will be content to have no career. My husband has big enough career dreams for the both of us. Being a musician he's quite a dreamer and I'm just happy to plod a long beside him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think I'm starting my adult life now, tbh.

I'm 26, have a 7-year-old... but last year, I learnt to drive, studied, got lots of new friends and a job. I feel like my life is just beginning... after falling pregnant at 18, Mum at 19... there wasn't really much going on there for me as an individual... I was just someone's mother.

I feel like I'm beginning to become an actual adult now. lol.

ETA - What I "want to be," doesn't really bother me anymore. I don't really want to be anything. There are things I certainly DON'T want to be, but I mostly just want to make enough money to do the things I want to do without too much issue. Like travel, buy pretty dresses and let me daughter do extra-curricular stuff. That's really about it, in regards to what I want to do. I'm working as a Spa/Beauty Therapist in a day spa at the moment, and am happy to do that for quite a while. It's no dream job... but I enjoy it enough.
    When we do things like, buy a car or pay a bill on time or keep the bedroom clean for a week my DH and I feel like real adults. Any other time I feel like a teenager still!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: When I grow up....

I'm also 27. Met my Dh at 13, married at 23, moved to Australia in 09 and been ttc ever since. We've done a little bit off travelling over the last four years. I've been working in the same industry since I was 17 (pharmacy). I don't particularly enjoy it and desperately want a change but I don't know what it is I'm passionate about. Right now, all I want is for our next ivf cycle to be successful and move back to NZ to be with my grandfather before it's too late, he has motor neuron disease. What I want for myself not longer seems important. I do know that I want to stay in health care and have toyed with the idea of nursing or nutrition.

ETA-because I don't have children I don't feel like I'm treated as an adult. I did do the grown up thing of buying a house though.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 13-01-2013 at 17:40.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Almost the same as you, op. I'm 27, have spent all of my 20's raising the kids, have only ever worked in fast food and retail.
    I started studying last year but still have no idea what i want to do with my life. I'm studying in a completely different industry this year although i don't know if it's an industry i really want to/could work in.
    I feel so lost and still have no idea what i want to do with my life. I don't think i'll ever know.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub
    Perhaps we will never know because our dreams and desires are constantly changing, what we want now probably won't be the same as what we want in 10 years or even 5?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (13-01-2013)