+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 12 month vaccinations

Please do some research into homeopathy before choosing this as a suitable therapy for your child OP- there is no scientific evidence to support its use as anything more than a placebo. Homeopathic remedies do not contain any active ingredients and there has been reported deaths of people relying on homeopathy as a treatment for a medical condition- not to say homeopathy kills directly, but people have died after rejecting conventional treatment in favour of homeopathic remedies. There is a website here that gives numerous cases http://whatstheharm.net/homeopathy.html

Also it's worth mentioning that homeopathics have been called into question in several countries as well as here. This article gives a good overview of why. http://theconversation.edu.au/the-le...ts-tracks-6557

If you do decide to use homeopathics I urge you to do so in conjunction with your GP or paed as a complimentary therapy, not a sole therapy.

Hope the little one is better soon

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-01-2013),jezikas  (31-03-2014),Nicki77  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Just had another thought, if you prefer a natural remedy, it may be worth asking your naturopath about olive leaf extract. It's proven to have many benefits as an antioxidant that fights free radicals, this may help with the coughing. I was pretty skeptical until I read up on it, my cousin swore by it and when I was staying with her my DSS developed a bad night cough, it didn't eradicate his cough overnight or anything but it did seem to lessen the coughing bouts and allow him to sleep. I'm not sure if its suitable for a 1 year old though, so better to ask a professional.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 12 month vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by shhhsleeping View Post
    I didn't even think you could give cough medicine till 2?!

I'd just use the vaporizer and baby Vicks on chest, back and feet with socks on.
    Nature's Way has one that is suitable from 6 months, under doctor's advice. There are probably others too.

OP, I would be taking your daughter back to the gp and demand testing for whooping cough. As atropos said, wc is a sundown cough and it will last for months if untreated, causing long term effects to her health.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the great advice, it has really helped

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 12 month vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by Violet belle View Post
    Have you found out the cause?

Thanks
    Reviews

Let us know how your LO is going

Thanks
    Reviews

She seems much better at the moment. Hardly waking with the cough. Maybe only coughing once or twice when sleeping now, but nothing serious.
    I stopped giving her cough medicine and really limited her dairy and soy intake and some of the other mucus producing foods.
    That seems to really have helped.
    The doctor ruled out whooping cough and said it would prob still be the vaccine that had causes it.

Thanks
    Reviews

She seems much better at the moment. Hardly waking with the cough. Maybe only coughing once or twice when sleeping now, but nothing serious.
    I stopped giving her cough medicine and really limited her dairy and soy intake and some of the other mucus producing foods.
    That seems to really have helped.
    The doctor ruled out whooping cough and said it would prob still be the vaccine that had causes it.
    Glad she's better. Still think that is a huge call for a GP to make re the vax causing a month long cough.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (17-01-2013)