+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default "Virtual Gastric Banding"

I can't believe I'm posting this, it does sound like a bunch of garbage. But has anyone heard of or done this?!

I was looking for a dietitian to help with my weightloss, and there is a place around the corner from my work that does this. So I am curious as to whether it works, as they claim there is a 95% success rate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    'virtual' gastric banding. Never heard of it. Off to google now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK now I know. I actually think this could work. Your weight is closely linked to self esteem and the way we think about ourselves.

My MIL tried everything to give up smoking, 3 hypno sessions and she threw her pack of smokes out and never had one since. That was about 15yrs ago. She swears by hypnotherapy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's hypno, right?

I don't know if it works... I've known many people to go get hypno, some for weight loss, some for smoking, and while one friend reduced his smoking a little for a while, it wasn't long-lasting, and another friend felt "positive" after getting it for having an obsession with food, she didn't really change anything.

TBH I think it's probably unlikely to be beneficial long-term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hypnotherapy worked for my mum - she had it and she went from being an emotional over-eater to being able to look at a piece of chocolate cake and have absolutely no desire to eat it. As Sassy has said, it did wear off though so it's not a permanent thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default "Virtual Gastric Banding"

It worked for me to quit smoking. It won't work if you're not committed though, you have to really want it. You aldo need a good one, my hypnotherapist spent 2 hours with me talking and understanding me and my reasons. The session itself only took 15minutes. Another friend of mine has had to go several times but has now quit. Each session is around $300.
    Last edited by babyla; 13-01-2013 at 14:32.