+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default how long for newborn on medicare card

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I believe you have to order one? Go into Medicare . They can print off the number straight away on a piece of paper and do your refunds too.
    This! Did it both times on way home from hospy. Had new card within a week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

peasmum  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got mine instantly at the local Medicare office where I lodged all my forms. I got it written down on the piece of paper and then I think we waited 3 - 4 weeks for the actual card to follow. In that time she went to multiple doctor appointments, so did I and my dh was in & out of hospital so that little piece of paper with that number got a serious work out!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

peasmum  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks everyone. I'll pop into the Medicare office this week to get a print out at least, and lodge the claims I have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went in to centrelink in person to hand my forms in and got sent over to the Medicare section. I was given a piece of paper which looked like a receipt with bubs Medicare details. I use this when going to the GP etc. this was 4 weeks ago and I still have no actual Medicare card, birth certificate, baby bonus or FTB!

Thanks
    Reviews

I still havent received mine and DD is 3 months now! Filed at birth! Need to ring them up tomorrow again! If you call them they can give you the number and expiry date then you can give to your doctor. They don't actually have to see the card.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    It took ages for ours to come for DS - about 8 wks. I kept thinking that I had filled in something wrong but it finally arrived. Maybe give them a call to see if they can give you the number whilst you wait for the actual card to arrive?

Best of luck
    This it took three months for me to get ours. They drs are happy with just the number

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi peasmum,

I work with the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to questions about Medicare payments and services on social media sites like this

It normally takes around 3-4 weeks for a Medicare card to be received, however due to the Christmas holidays this is taking about an extra week.

While you wait for your card to arrive, you can still take your claims into a Medicare office (with some ID). As long as your baby has been added to Medicare's records, you can claim the benefit. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: how long for newborn on medicare card

Hmm I put DS on ours 9 weeks ago and still haven't received a new card - guess I'd better check up on that.....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 11-09-2013 at 14:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

We did ours through Centrelink originally. 10 weeks later it still hasn't come. Went down to Medicare and had it a few days later.