+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Is it worried about breastfeeding successfully / fear of failing?

Is it the thought of baby on your breast?

Fear of the possible pain?

Or just general anxiety about the whole process?

I wonder if you called and had a chat with aba support person about how your feeling maybe if that could help? Or even pop along to a bfing group of or classes maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Wow boobycino.... This is exactly ally fears. I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my first and out of all the baby things breast feeding scares me the most! I have HUGE breasts and even the thought of my hubby seeing me freaks me out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was very excited about bfg before I had my first baby and was adamant about bfg. It didn't work out and I was vastly affected. I was excited again when I got pregnant with bub #2 but the excitement was also accompanied by a lot of anxiety that it may not work again due to tye first failure.

Sure enough the fear and the circumstances caused it not to work again. I ended up with supply issues. Though still bfg (3 months now) I struggle a great deal...self esteem, fear of DH not being supportive, fear of pp asking(they always do!), fear of feeding in public...etc..

i really learn that relaxing is very impt so if you desire to bf, relax in the early days. Bfg your very own beloved baby is a very special thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So normal to feel a bit scared. I reckon it's because in our society, we rarely see it happening - some of us, never, until we breastfeed our own babies.
    It can be such a beautiful experience though, shared between solely yourself and your baby. Have faith in your boobs, they're designed for it. I think it's great you're exploring and sounding out all your fears before babe is born, it's the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

I'm nervous too! Not sure why :-/

I bf DD for 6 weeks but used nipple shields for majority of that time and DD was a big spewer due to reflux so I had a fantastic supply.

i think I'm scared I won't have the guts to do without shields and that the tiredness will overwhelm me and il give up. I found being only ine who could feed her extremely stressfulI.but in saying that i really want to bf as long as I can as I loved it last time.

I was also scared in public, not about people seeing boob but because I used shields and also because I didn't want to look like I don't know what I was doing! I wanted to look confident and like a pro, not someone fumbling about looking stupid.

Thank u for posting OP, has made me realise I have some issues to address too and also things I haven't admitted to myself about last time.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

No prob Pippie, lets make this a 'realize your fears' thread

I cant even think of my fears arg >__<
    I think maybe I just can't see myself doing it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

I had fears and plenty of them, it took me 8 weeks to even get into my head that I could BF as all I could think of was that I was a failure if I didn't.
    Also the thought of BF in public made me queezy and no way was these massive boobs going to be on display with all the fussing of correct positioning etc.
    So I fed in the car/mothers room. At home and people's home I fed in the bedroom in private as laying down was more comfortable and glad that was my excuse.
    I BF for 13 months and not once in public but hey I worked all outings around feed time.

I am currently BF my newborn and I fed in a waiting room for the docs, in front of my family, neighbour the list goes on. Second time around and "it's just a boob" and these big knockers are whipped out everywhere and anywhere.

And I don't feel like a failure I feel proud as the more knowledge you have on BF and ask and even attend a BF class the better it seems.

It's not scary at all, once those little eyes look into yours whilst feeding all will be forgotten

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

I thought I would come back to this thread because the breastfeeding in public debate it hot stuff right now. Maybe if BFing mums weren't treated badly for feeding in public and or if male tv personalities didn't make stupid comments then we wouldn't be as scared?? No wonder so many mummies have fears and worries about breast feeding. The culture in this country just doesn't support breastfeeding the way it should :-(

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pippi For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (20-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Confused

The worst you can do is give it a try, if you don't like it or it doesn't work out for some reason, it's not the end of the world
    Just remind yourself that this is what your body instinctively knows and you really only have to guide it. Good luck

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I definitely plan on giving it a shot, at the moment I'm not fussed if I have to switch to formula if it doesn't work out but I do want to try. I just can't figure out why I'm so scared. Feeding in public does worry, but not because of people staring, more because I just don't think I could see myself whipping out a boob with people around lol, the thought even in my own home is kind of weird. (This will be my first so it's probably more that I just can't see myself doing it at all). Maybe I'm scared because I hear the early days are painful?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused

I think your fears are normal, I know I was a little fearful before my dd came along. My midwife was fantastic and she was there helping me for the first 6 days, she came at random times of the day and showed me different holds/feeding positions. I second going to a breastfeeding class/group. They really are worth it.