+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I don't think he would automatically be entitled to it. It doesn't work like that.

When I was growing up, my dad didn't pay child support, but he paid $20,000 per year for mine and my sister's private school education. He argued that this WAS child support, but I argue that it wasn't as it didn't help mum raise us (we could have gotten a free education at a state school). I can't just go to dad now and say that he owes me 'child support' for all those years. As it turned out he did help me out financially with my house purchase, but that's nothing to do with child support.
    Thank you I thought this was the case I was just asking for DP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: child support question

Short answer... No. Unless the farther should be paying cs still and then if the inheritance is part of his tax return it'll be part of the cs assessment

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad had to keep paying child support to my mum until my brother turned 18.
    Also, I think if the child is under 21 and studying full-time child support has to still be paid (please don't quote me on that though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short answer: no. He can't try to get money off his dad now in lieu of child support for himself not through the chil d support agency anyway. He could get legal advice about pursuing privately
    Last edited by StellarMaris; 01-02-2013 at 19:38.