+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Which Fridge to buy?

We need a new fridge. I want a three door fridge (approx 700L). What do you have? Why do you hate it/love it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We just bought a new fisher and Paykal 3 door - 614l - it's really good , plumbed water and ice, nice shelf sizes, big freezer draw , good door opening alarm as DS never shuts it properly!
    I wanted a bigger fridge but i have a certain space it had to fit in!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've been told by the electrician who came to fix our air con to not get anything but a Westinghouse and apparently they'll all say the same!

I need a new fridge as well and went into Harvey Norman last week and he was showing me the difference between the Asian fridges (Samsung etc) and the difference was astounding! Metal running tracks as opposed to crappy plastic ones, strong plastic shelves as opposed to flimsy easily broken ones, moveable shelves on the doors for more space, Australian made, etc!

So next week I'm buying a 690L Westinghouse side by side fridge w/ ice and water

Thanks
    Reviews
    We still arnt sure of the dimensions. It has to fit between the stove and the pantry. We were looking at the Bosch 720L and the Samsung 731L, but the sammy has an extra door and i dont think it is what we will need/use so seems silly to buy the fridge as that part wont get used

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Been very happy with my Westinghouse 700L side by side fir the past 4 years, did a bit of research on Choice and Productreview before buying and they do seem to rate well. Also bought a separate Westinghouse freezer 2 weeks ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

I'd steer clear of Samsung fridges. I had one and could not get a repairman within a 50km radius to come and service/fix it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DQ View Post
    I'd steer clear of Samsung fridges. I had one and could not get a repairman within a 50km radius to come and service/fix it
    Oh thats a good point. I wasnt too sold on the samsung anyway. I did like the bosch though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We bought our Westinghouse because it was made in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine isn't as big as that (only a 500L fits in the spot in the house I just bought), but I've got a Mitsubishi fridge on order from Harvey Norman. I did a bit of research online after I bought it (yeah, should've researched before I bought it but I was being spontaneous that day, lol). Anyway, apparently Mitsubishi fridges have a really good reputation! I was a bit surprised! Plus it comes with a 5 year warranty. I can't comment on how it is as I haven't got it yet, but everywhere I look online (reviews, forums etc), people appear to be really happy with them, so I'm pleased I got it.

My ex still has our huge double door GE fridge (has ice maker etc). That's a really good fridge, never missed a beat in the 5+ years that I used it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTR i dont want a side by side. We also dont need a huge freezer as we have a deep freeze. The smaller the freezer the better Ill look at reviews. 5yr warranty is great Hollywood. Sweetpeamummy, thats great that they are built in Aust, but i wouldnt just buy it for that, if im forking out $3000 it would have to last too