+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Families with 4 or more children

Just wanting some experiences from families that have 4 plus children. Was it a hard transition from 3? Also any pros or cons you think of would be much appreciated!

We're In the decision making process

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 5 and the last 2 kind of just slipped into our routine and where pretty much go with the flow babies the biggest thing is car and house we are lucky we upgraded to a 7 seater when pregnant with ds2 so car wasn't a problem but we are still in a 3 bd (moved in when it was only 3 kids) and now we have problems getting a place big enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have 6 kids (5 living at home and one away for uni)

From 3 up it was easy. The only things you really need is a bigger car.

There a lots pro to having a big family and the only con is the washing.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm currently pregnant with number 4 and cannot believe the fatigue... It's debilitating.
    That's all I can offer!
    Lol.
    Good luck with your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to hear more replies myself! We have 3, and would love a fourth, but worried about the implications on the financial side of things...we would need a bigger car (or 2) and we are in a 3bed (plus study) house..we would love to move somewhere bigger, but can't really afford it yet, and having another bub would make it harder....
    Argghhh, it so hard. Need to win lotto!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have just had my 4th 12 weeks ago. We already have 7 seater vehicle and will probably only ever have a 3 bedroom house. My main request for the next house is a big yard

I think it would be harder with a close age gap. My friend had 4 all within 6 years. Where as we have an 11, 8 and 6 yr old then bub.

I tell you what if you do have the forth after much deliberation it's so special to actually know that is your last bub. I'm savouring every moment

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 5! Agree the only thing needing to be upgraded is the car. Kids can share a room I love my big family the more the merrier

Thanks
    Reviews

I have 4. Between all of them is 18 months gap. Basically I kept popping them out
    I love it. I too was worried financially but we make it work cause we have to. We live in a 4 bedroom house of standard size. My two middle ones share. They love it. And I already got a 7 seater when I was pregn with the 3rd as I knew I would be having 4.
    The adjustment from 3-4 is easy. The adjustment to having the first baby was the hardest
    I wanted 4 and didn't want anything to stop me because I would hate to live with regret.
    I hope that helps
    PS I would love 5 but that's pushing my patience lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm exactly the same as onelasttime, didn't find any difference going from 3-4 and would now love a 5th. Our middle 2 also share( under a year between them)..
    You'll obviously need a bigger car but bigger house is no biggie, kids can easily share whilst they are young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have 4. a 11 yr old a 7 yr old a 15 mth old and a 4 mth old. the age gap between the 2 youngest is only 11 mths and i have to say some days a really struggle. both require alot of mums attention and sometimes its ONLY mums attention they want. i love all my children but if i could have it differently id love a bigger age gap between the younger 2. we dont have a bigger car yet if we go anywhere together we take 2 cars. we had to extend our house as we only had a 3 bedroom house. we now have a 5 bedroom house so everyone gets there own room.