+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I cheated on my husband - he is prepared to forgive but.....

“If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn’t have fallen for the second”
    — Johnny Depp (via johnnydepp-)

I know your situation needs more then just a quote but I heard this a few years back and it has stuck in my head and I believe it to be true. Good luck with your family xx

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mumma2threecherubs For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (12-01-2013),atomicmama  (12-01-2013),cluckcluck  (14-01-2013),HugsBunny  (12-01-2013),αληθη  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I don't mean to be picky. From what you've written it doesn't sound like you have an overwhelming love for your husband and will be devastated if the marriage ends.

I think you need to be honest with your husband. Don't commit to trying to make it work unless you are in love with your husband and want to stay with him for the rest of your life.

My advice would be to take some time on your own to think and reflect about what went wrong and what you want.

Good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mumma2threecherubs View Post
    “If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn’t have fallen for the second”
    — Johnny Depp (via johnnydepp-)

I know your situation needs more then just a quote but I heard this a few years back and it has stuck in my head and I believe it to be true. Good luck with your family xx
    Oh I love that quote . I think if you cheat you never really wanted to be there because you would risk losing everything .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I haven't been in this situation but what ever you do, do not stay in the marriage just for your DD. thats a big no no!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont mean to be mean but youve been married five minutes and are cheating becayse you lost dkme weight and you got some new friends....i feel sorry for your husband. You spund as though you dont know what you want. Maybe you owe it to your family to find out.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (14-01-2013),Boobycino  (13-01-2013),CupidsVictim  (13-01-2013),Gothel  (14-01-2013),αληθη  (12-01-2013),Lovemyfam  (12-01-2013),OJandMe  (31-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

New always feels better. You said you married your best friend.
    I think marriage take hard work and dedication at time, but you signed off for this

Try and remember what got you and your DH together in the first place then use counseling to repair the relationship and grow it stronger than ever.

I'm sure you have 100 times more in common with your DH than with your other friend. The fact that your DH chose to stay speak loud and clear

good luck OP
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 12-01-2013 at 18:45.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (12-01-2013),Boobycino  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Ok so I am looking at this from the cheated on side. You need to sit down and have a big talk to DH. I caught DP in the shower with another girl. We have now been together. 13 years. This was after we had been together for 2 years. It broke my heart. He was drunk but understood it was no excuse. I forgave him straight away as I wanted to be with him. I love hi BUT it hurt it took along time for me to get over it. You were honest and that is the best way to approach it. Honesty is the foundation of the trust to begin again. However some ground rules need to be set by both of you. My main one was I forgave but it was hard to forget. Yes it was hard to forgive but it also meant I could not bring it up in every argument. That's not fair. You need to decide on how you feel and as harsh audit sounds you need to do it without thinking of your kids. Divorce sucks for everyone involved and it will affect the kids. There is no easy way to go about it. That's why I say put the kids aside and think about your relationship with him. Do you love him. Do you want to be with him? Are you happy. Could a break work? Can you both work past this? When you answer the last question you need to think long term not short term as short term will be crappy. Hugs to you and DH horrible situation. If you need anyone to talk to pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think staying for a child is a bad idea.

I do think though, that you only got married such a short time ago, that things can surely not have changed so dramatically since then that there's no chance of rekindling whatever feelings you had for him when you married.

I would suggest counselling - both as a couple and as an individual. Significant weight loss can mean a lot of change, and I think you could benefit from speaking to someone about the differences in your life since your weight loss.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (31-01-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

The only advice I have is to not stay if it's solely for the sake of your daughter.