+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    oh okay sorry lol

No worries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Have you been pregnant but had a negative preg test?

I did get neg results for the first few days after af was due, no faint line, just the test line. I had given up and was convinced that I wasn't preg but took my last test just so that I didn't have to look at it. I nearly fell off the toilet when that morning I had a clear neg and by night time it was a strong positive.

Are you always testing in the morning? Drinking too many fluids before you test? Maybe try in the evening on with little fluids in you. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I meant more as in not getting a positive at all of only getting a very faint one. Or needed the pregnancy confirmed by blood test.

Its common for Drs test to be negative when home ones are positive as they arnt as sensitive.
    Yep pregnancy tests said negative in the first 4 weeks both my pregnancies. I was doing ivf so I knew I was pregnant on the 14 day but wanted to just see it on a pregnancy test but it didn't show either time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I did get neg results for the first few days after af was due, no faint line, just the test line. I had given up and was convinced that I wasn't preg but took my last test just so that I didn't have to look at it. I nearly fell off the toilet when that morning I had a clear neg and by night time it was a strong positive.

Are you always testing in the morning? Drinking too many fluids before you test? Maybe try in the evening on with little fluids in you. Good luck!
    No im pretty sure its impossible for me to be pregnant. I got positives last cycle that got lighter then af arrived 2days early. I had af for 5days(6th spotting) and it was normalish. 10days later i felt pregnant so did a test (before any type of dtd, and cd10 of a new cycle). The test was a faint positive. So my situation is a bit different and going by af, and the tests im 100% not pregnant, but i still feel it. Ive done three different tests, a FRER which was positive (and has me thinking it was a dodgy one), a pregnosis was neg and my ICs are negative. I just found it weird that i had a 'chem' last cycle, and a false positive this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Have you been pregnant but had a negative preg test?

I did I actua lly dnt think I got one for a week after af with ds2 I had bloods and at 2 months preg my hcg was 8.8 so if u produce low hcg u usually take longer for it to showon hpt why are u late from af and getting bfn? Go get bloods is my advice get a quantative as well as qualitive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sorry I just assumed that you were late for af and were still getting neg test results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

I got negative tests up until 6 weeks with DS1, the Dr told me I would most likely miscarry after it was confirmed by bloods and my levels were low but he is now 4.5 years old and starting school in just over 2 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Sorry I just assumed that you were late for af and were still getting neg test results.
    Thats ok, the original question wasnt to do with me, i was just curious. Im 100% not pregnant, yet my stupid brain wont stop telling me i am! My cycle is going normal so far. though my temps went from in the mid-high 37s and have nosedived down to the low 36s which isnt normal. But im getting ovulation signs and my opks are getting darker slowly so as per a normal cycle i expect to ovulate soon. Im not pregnant

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Have you been pregnant but had a negative preg test?

Indy - are you TTC again?

I've always had early positives, never had negs when was UTD. I've alway found IC's to be very reliable. Throwing positives when my bloods were under 100.

Are you charting on FF?

I think you should get bloods (yep) - I'm dying to know now lol!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NanaK For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaK View Post
    Indy - are you TTC again?

I've always had early positives, never had negs when was UTD. I've alway found IC's to be very reliable. Throwing positives when my bloods were under 100.

Are you charting on FF?

I think you should get bloods (yep) - I'm dying to know now lol!!
    Last month was an oops (i ovulated 5days early). This is teh first cycle we are trying. We are swaying though and DP is going FIFO so its going to take a long while.

Tonight my mind has finally decided to stop telling me im pregnant. I did a diluted test (after reading the Hook effect) and there was no line so that proves it. Im also on track to O so i cant be pregnant. I can stop obsessing and just put it down to a chem last cycle, and a dud test this cycle unless i grow a belly

My Ovulation Chart