+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Advice or help needed please.

Hi op, poor thing what a tricky situation. Have more sessions been arranged for her for after? Also how old is the father? Does he need to talk to anyone? How is he coping?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks for the update OP I hope it's a smooth transition for her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bokkie_wotwot View Post
    Where did she find the funding for the termanation if u don't mind me asking? I think going in blind is a mistake but what more can you do? You sound frustrated too hugs
    Through KEMH (woman's hospital)... She offered to pay $200 and they will pay the rest
    I agree but can't really do anything else :/
    Not sure if frustrated is the right word lol, but yes I'm definitely am

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Hi op, poor thing what a tricky situation. Have more sessions been arranged for her for after? Also how old is the father? Does he need to talk to anyone? How is he coping?
    Not that I know of (I'll mention it to her and the nurse on the day.)
    He is 17, they are still arguing over "what she wants to do" mainly because he still wants to keep the baby even though shes having a termination. he wants to stay with her through out the procedure, so I think he's realised that she's not keeping it.

I do feel sorry for him... It's not very often you see a young guy wanting to keep a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs op. For you, your sil and her partner.

It's a terrible position to be put in at any age but I do worry given she is so young. It's great that she has your support. You're an awesome person for doing that.

I agree with pp about her getting follow up counselling, as well as her partner. You might benefit from it too. It isn't often you hear about young guys wanting to keep a baby so I hope he can learn to accept that this is her choice and she feels she is doing the best for her now.

I hope the procedure goes as smoothly as possible and that your sil can move forward to a bright, happy future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If she is in Australia I know she can go through the public system which is free a close friend did this she was only 9 weeks though if the baby is over 16 weeks she will basically be giving birth to not a d&c which is done before that she needs to chat with her doc to see wat she wants to do

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I know she's already going ahead with the termination but I just wanted to add my input as I found myself in a very similar position about six weeks ago, and when I was 16.
    My sister wasn't as supportive as you (actually my sil was so maybe it's a sil thing ) and most of my family pushed for me to have a termination this time round.
    I had a miscarriage when I was 16 and with my dp (we broke up just before I found out but got back together a year later, then I wanted a break to 'test my surroundings' and well now he's the one supporting me through another mans pregnancy, contraception is poo hey) and as hard as that miscarriage was, it was a godsend.
    Now at my age, although I can't bring myself to go through with a termination, I'm freaking out a lot because a baby is HUGE.
    I honestly think that by the sound of it, your sil is making the right choice for her. It is sad that her boyfriend wants the baby, but for him it's also probably for the best. At that age I had such an unrealistic view of parenthood, although it's possible his is more realistic, I send to him and your sil too.

she is so lucky to have a sil like you to support her with her decision, and a boyfriend who is still standing by her. I hope things go well.
    Last edited by αληθη; 21-01-2013 at 22:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummabearr View Post
    Not that I know of (I'll mention it to her and the nurse on the day.)
    He is 17, they are still arguing over "what she wants to do" mainly because he still wants to keep the baby even though shes having a termination. he wants to stay with her through out the procedure, so I think he's realised that she's not keeping it.

I do feel sorry for him... It's not very often you see a young guy wanting to keep a baby
    Poor fella must be a horrible feeling for him